• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    The M44 I got from AIM a while back for $99 was in pretty good shape. It was just a mismatched serno refurb soaked in cosmo. I think repeat buyers get the "better" beat up rifles than the first timers.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    The M44 I got from AIM a while back for $99 was in pretty good shape. It was just a mismatched serno refurb soaked in cosmo. I think repeat buyers get the "better" beat up rifles than the first timers.

I would bet money that's not true, it's luck of the draw.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I got one of the Spanish Mausers when Samco was selling them. I was unimpressed with what they sent, and can't imagine that their leftovers are any better.

+1, my Spanish Mauser was one of the few guns I have sold and I sold it for a little less than I paid for it.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    My Spanish Mauser has a mirror bore and was a Tack Driver.
    Luck of the draw on the free shipping sale they had once.
    However, they are now over priced.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    I've been craving a k31, should I jump on these? Im new to swiss rifles. Im wondering if there are better ones coming soon.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

There are no better ones coming anytime soon, if at all. The last big import seems to be winding down so I would buy one if you want one. I would fist look at Simpsonltd.com but I think they sold out of most. You can still find some good ones on gunbroker. Honestly, I like the K11 (I have 3!) much better than my K31 but that's just me.

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    Something you don't see too often. Locking block for the Beretta 1951 / Helwan. If you need one, then you know this is a hard to find part and one that does crack from time to time. I don't like dealing with SARCO personally because of their misguided treatment of Marylanders, but they do get in some useful parts from time to time. http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/beretta-1951-helwan-pistol-locking-block.aspx

jjones88

Apr 4, 2013
    Sykesville
    CZ 82 Gun Smith Specials at J&G for $199

http://www.jgsales.com/cz-82-czech,...unsmith-special,-used,-c-r,-gss.-p-93063.html

If they are like AIM, they'll remove the mag before shipping due to the restrictions.

Is this really a good deal? Seems like there is little information out there on hammer/sear/trigger on cz-82?

Seeing how this have basically dried up, could be a fun project. They had cz-50's maybe 2 years ago as Gunsmith specials and mine had no issues with it.

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    Is this really a good deal? Seems like there is little information out there on hammer/sear/trigger on cz-82?

Seeing how this have basically dried up, could be a fun project. They had cz-50's maybe 2 years ago as Gunsmith specials and mine had no issues with it.

If you are a shade tree gunsmith or just one that likes to roll the dice maybe. I have two and I think the last one I bought from AIM about 18 months ago for $279 in like new condition. Last time I saw them offered by AIM was a few months ago and they were $299 I believe. I've worked on my older one (I have 2) and replaced the mag release and it was easy, but I have no idea how hard it is to work on the hammer-trigger-sear assembly. Might want to keep digging for info on that before diving in as I've heard folks say that breaking it down to all of its individual parts and back is a major pain (ie folks who are having them refinished). But like you said... cz82s being sold in bulk seems to have dried up. I buy all sorts of stuff to tinker with myself and sometimes there is fun just in that making it worthwhile. You never know what you'll get with a gunsmith special.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Just got an email from Classic - evidently they're going to have some more surplus - very good - starting tomorrow - rifles and handguns...

We'll see what they've got...

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Just got an email from Classic - evidently they're going to have some more surplus - very good - starting tomorrow - rifles and handguns...

We'll see what they've got...

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I renewed my C&R, hopefully the new license will get here soon. I wonder where Classic got this stuff? Is this former Samco inventory?

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Just a reminder that if you are into C&R and you don't have a Tok or P64, they can still be had at a reasonable price.
    We have seen it before, stock dries up and things like that jump $50-$100 very quickly.
    Not alot of C&R pistols on the surplus market right now, those are 2 of them however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom