• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Midway has Nosler 135 grain JHP .400 bullets in stock. In my experience, these are the best, most accurate bullets for reloading in 40 S&W. I put them on top of Green Dot. http://www.midwayusa.com/product/75...er-135-grain-jacketed-hollow-point-box-of-250

(But I did just snag the last box from online Shooting Supplies for an OTD price that is less than Midway's pre-shipping price).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jkeiler

Mar 25, 2013
    Bowie
    Widener's has French surplus 7.5 for $8/20 or $375/1000. It's corrosive, but a pretty good price for this sometimes hard to find caliber.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    $259 "Vietnam era" Chinese sks' at Classic.

Very tempted...

Very misleading title in Classic's e-mail. They may be "Vietnam era" but they were not used in Vietnam. I have a "Vietnam era" Mossberg .22.

Plus, they are beaters and sold as-is. No thanks.

VERY sleazy of Classic. Shame on them! They are also advertising them as "battle scarred" which, when paired with "Vietnam era", seems intended to suggest that these came out of Vietnam.

NOT!!!

They went from China, during a time when they were not at war, to Albania, where they stayed during a time when Albania wasn't at war. How do you get "battle scarred" when they were never in battle?

Granted, it sounds better than:

"Beat to shit and carved up by a bunch of young Albanian conscripts who were made to live in concrete bunkers when they'd far rather have been home with their hot Albanian girlfriends, then plunged into vats of cosmoline and stored for the next 30 years in piles of straw in a big bunker that was carved out of a mountain."

Still, dishonest advertising on one thing makes us tend to not believe what they say about everything else. Somebody at Classic is a dumbass. This wasn't their finest advertising effort.

Last edited:

tomandjerry00

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    For the record, I was not tempted because of the Vietnam part. I was tempted because I've always been very happy with my classic purchased including a grade b ak-74 and a bunch of grade b mosins. All came in better condition than expected and worked flawlessly.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    And for the record, I've also been very happy with all but one of my many Classic purchases, and I wasn't too disappointed with that one. It's for that reason that I'm calling them out on this one. They don't need to do crap like this to sell us guns, and we're not so ignorant that we'll swallow whatever they say. It offends us, and degrades our trust in them. Sell the guns on their actual (considerable) merits, rather than trying to make us think they're something they aren't.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    A $425 Nagant refurb that was not kissed by the Czar. Couldn't get a good pic because they are Nazis.
    a652b9f6c3ec8052bcda4b58a5a88d71.jpg

Jul 1, 2012
    Well, I'd say it'll bring more money than we expect just because of the background (the grey blanket). That's a pretty ugly import mark to me.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Who's got the best buy on Rom Toks right now? I was looking at some sites last night, but I was nodding off, half asleep, and only remember seeing one with a billboard import mark on it.

Just got an Argentine Sistema .45 that I thought didn't have an import mark on it. Finally found it, and it was tiny. THAT'S how they should do it! I paid slightly more for this one than I probably should have, but not that much. It was re-finished by some "arsenal" in a manner that was better than SARCO does, but not a whole lot. Someone was heavy-handed with a buffing wheel, but it has a Policia Santa Fe mark that I didn't have yet, so it's all good. Besides, it's tight, very good bore, great trigger, and should make a very nice shooter.

Jul 1, 2012
    was the mark on the mag well lip? that's the cleanest one i've seen... wish they were all like this. A Marina de Guerra - if you see one of these MdeG's that claims to not be marked, it really is - look closely.

Attachments

• 11s.JPG
      11s.JPG
      58.5 KB · Views: 170

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Who's got the best buy on Rom Toks right now? I was looking at some sites last night, but I was nodding off, half asleep, and only remember seeing one with a billboard import mark on it.

Just got an Argentine Sistema .45 that I thought didn't have an import mark on it. Finally found it, and it was tiny. THAT'S how they should do it! I paid slightly more for this one than I probably should have, but not that much. It was re-finished by some "arsenal" in a manner that was better than SARCO does, but not a whole lot. Someone was heavy-handed with a buffing wheel, but it has a Policia Santa Fe mark that I didn't have yet, so it's all good. Besides, it's tight, very good bore, great trigger, and should make a very nice shooter.

SOG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom