• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Remove the bolts or firing pins. The LE has to then modify the firearm to get it to fire. Is there then legal defense to say LE was the one's who created the situation in which it went full auto?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Then all I have is a bunch of expensive paperweights laying around. What's the use in that?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Remove the bolts or firing pins. The LE has to then modify the firearm to get it to fire. Is there then legal defense to say LE was the one's who created the situation in which it went full auto?

Removing the Firing Pin from an AR is a bad idea.

Remove the firing pin in an AR and cycle it a few times and see what happens.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Removing the Firing Pin from an AR is a bad idea.

Remove the firing pin in an AR and cycle it a few times and see what happens.
    Thank you. I've never tried that particular scenario.

So it would seem that to prevent ballistic testing on ERPO'ed AR15, either the BCG or entire upper should be "disappeared".

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    Thank you. I've never tried that particular scenario.

So it would seem that to prevent ballistic testing on ERPO'ed AR15, either the BCG or entire upper should be "disappeared".

They can’t illegally confiscate what isn’t there to find!

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Here's a hypothetical I've been thinking about based on the threads for the Ruger .22 pistol that went full auto, and the former cop in Carroll County that got busted for modifying rifles for full auto.

We all know that a gun, even one that unintentionally fires full auto with no intent to convert, us no bruno with the feds. What if someone were red flagged and a sizable collection is seized. The person goes through all of the after the fact crap to clear themselves and get their property back only to be told, sorry, we found that 3 of your rifles fired full auto. Even if it can't be reproduced, that person is likely in for a lot of leagal trouble and expense. How the heck would someone even begin to defend themselves from such a charge, whether legitimate or fabricated. There are lots of unforeseen shenanigans that might ensue once your arms are out of your control. Rocky waters ahead.

Shenanigans, like losing all he text messages in a phone you had in possession owned by two previous employees who were having an affair and were circumventing due process and had a political agenda?

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    There are members here who say this wouldn't or won't happen.

Those people are our enemy.

Just wait, next they will come to your house because one of your friends on Facebook was flagged. These laws are working as intended.

A couple of years ago, some goofy high school idiot broke into his uncle's house and stole his shotgun. The nephew took the stolen shotgun to school and threatened another kid. I don't remember if any shots were fired, but as I recall, no one was hurt. Anyone remember that? I think it happened in Harford County.

So it seems the kid knew where his uncle's shotgun was and how he could steal it. The nephew thus "had access" to a gun belonging to someone who didn't even live with him.

See where this is going? What if some kid starts mouthing off, saying, "My Uncle in the next county has an AR 15. I'm going to get it while he's at work, and I'll come back here and teach everybody a lesson!" Might not the Uncle get ERPO'd?

Suppose the kid says, "My neighbor down the street has an AR 15..." Suppose you are that kid's neighbor?

No, hopefully not, at least not yet.

Still, I cited a real precedent where Johnny Effup had no trouble getting Uncle Bill's shotgun, which was not in a safe, by the way. Uncle Bill lives alone, and thus is not required by law to keep his guns locked up.

Johnny knows right where it is, knows when Uncle Bill goes to work, and knows where the spare key is. He can swing by and grab that gun in ten minutes . His dad's gun IS locked up, and it would take Johnny at least 45 minutes to break into the safe. So how many guns does Johnny have "access" to? Who should be ERPO'd when Johnny starts mouthing off? What if Johnny specifically brags that he can get his Uncle's gun and be back here in half an hour?

Why wouldn't Uncle Bill be ERPO'd? Where does the law say "access" means "in the same residence?"

After coming for the father, they will come for the father's brother, who lives in the next county, because the kid knows how to get access to his uncle's gun.

I think people thought I was kidding, or crazy when I said that.

They will stop at nothing.

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    In Florida over 450 have been filed. Over a quarter of them against CCW holders. The majority of them are against folks excercising their 1st amendment rights online. I see minorities at risk of being the hardest hit by these civil rights violations. They have less means to fight the government when their rights are violated. It would be a wise idea if you are a gun owner in the State to have an attorney on retainer if you are able to do so.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    In Florida over 450 have been filed. Over a quarter of them against CCW holders. The majority of them are against folks excercising their 1st amendment rights online. I see minorities at risk of being the hardest hit by these civil rights violations. They have less means to fight the government when their rights are violated. It would be a wise idea if you are a gun owner in the State to have an attorney on retainer if you are able to do so.

Link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    I highly doubt that will take place. The brotherhood will reach out and offer help to prevent that from occurring. Unless The brotherhood wants to have you thrown off the force.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    They are not in the normal class of firearms owners when it comes to the restrictive laws on the books so it’s only logical this flag stuff will be no different, other than being quiet. May have already happened.
    ICBWrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom