• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    And for those still harping on the "redistricting" argument please read this completely...especially the end of the TIME LINE session..

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/Other/Redistricting/Redistricting.htm

Basically if the MGA draws it's own map, the governor has no say so in the final districts...

So the redistricting argument has been rendered null and void...

So tell me again what Hogan to do to stop any bill from becoming law...If the MGA wants higher taxes, we will get a law with higher taxes...if the MGA was universal health care, we will see universal (single payer) health care...If the MGA wants a total ban on ALL modern sporting rifles, or handguns or anything else we will see the ban..

What am I getting at? That we are screwed one way or another...even if Hogan were to veto gun control laws (he won't) ..

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    There isn't a "Hogan rhymes with no gun" thread yet.

Which one of them will start it?

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Hogan touched on all of the salient points without actually saying anything new, nor was there a suggestion regarding any kind of new actual firearms legislation. He also mentioned the fact that most guns used in crimes are not legal. He's saying all the right things to put it on paper that:

1.) He thinks something should be done
    2.) He wants to reduce crime and get criminals off the streets

This way he can't be attacked during the campaign for being pro-gun by Jealous.

Dunno - seemed like a decent article to me.

Hogan touched on all of the salient points without actually saying anything new, nor was there a suggestion regarding any kind of new actual firearms legislation. He also mentioned the fact that most guns used in crimes are not legal. He's saying all the right things to put it on paper that:

1.) He thinks something should be done
    2.) He wants to reduce crime and get criminals off the streets

This way he can't be attacked during the campaign for being pro-gun by Jealous.

Dunno - seemed like a decent article to me.

But, but, but HOGAN!!!!
    Cut Muleskinner a break- he only started 3 different anti Hogan threads.

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    And not a peep about magazine capacities, "assault weapons," CCW, or the rest. Most of that's about crazy people and career criminals, which is exactly what it should be.

Everybody is crazy.

Universal is registration.

Red Flag means anyone with an issue with you can start the forfeiture process.

The red flag he already signed is terrible. The view of a non gun owner is a person gets reported. A judge signs the warrant. Police or Sheriff goes to the house and gets the persons revolver and shotgun. The person is found not to be a danger and they get their stuff back. We all know a Maryland judge is going to be a rubber stamp. I don't think that is an accurate description of most gun owners collections. I don't think it's likely you have ever seen a forfeiture. And it is not fair to exempt or delay due process. You are looking at a potential very valuable or prized collection being seized because a neighbor is pissed off. Only a crazy person would suggest or sign a law like that.

Rich1911

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2012
    There you have it - straight from the horses ass, I mean mouth... think I'll stick with ass. Not a peep about keeping violent ofenders in jail after there 4th or 5th gun crime...

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    There you have it - straight from the horses ass, I mean mouth... think I'll stick with ass. Not a peep about keeping violent ofenders in jail after there 4th or 5th gun crime...

That costs a loss of votes from mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends.

Throw one criminal in jail and a politician will lose the votes of twenty people close to the criminal.

This is why politicians will never address crime.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013

The link to his statement that I clicked on included the following three paragraphs. Didn't yours?

"...Hundreds of people are dying every year in our state, yet when we talk about new firearms laws, we often fixate on acts of violence rooted in mental illness and not cold-blooded murders committed by career criminals and repeat violent offenders.

During the last legislative session, we came together to pass my proposal for increased penalties for criminals using guns to terrorize our communities, as well as tougher sentences for repeat violent offenders. I firmly believe that as we talk about how we work to reduce gun violence, we cannot ignore the violence carried out by ruthless criminal gangs.

Prosecutors, police and courts need tools to take bad people, carrying out heinous gun crimes, off the street for good."

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    That costs a loss of votes from mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends.

Throw one criminal in jail and a politician will lose the votes of twenty people close to the criminal.

This is why politicians will never address crime.

You think they're Hogan voters?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom