Attachments

• dam.jpg
      dam.jpg
      10.7 KB · Views: 674

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    According to Dwyer yesterday, there will NOT be a pro-2a rally on the 1st! Don't let the anti-s getyou to come down and increase THEIR presence. WBAL will report they have 20,000:

HB 294 the House cross file of SB281 will be heard in Judiciary Committee along with a host of other gun bills (follow the link then scroll down to March 1st to view the committee schedule)

Please note: THERE WILL NOT BE A PRO GUN RALLY ON MARCH 1ST There is an Anti Gun Rally that day at lawyers mall- they hold the permit and we will not be permitted to occupy the mall, nor do we want to in order to not add numbers to their group!!

Not so sure of that. The location for pro2a is across from the mall, at the House building.

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    I hung in there till almost 11 then I had to go to bed. By that time it was clear that the bill was going to pass out of committee. I am so disgusted by this state, my wife and I were going to look for another house here in Mt. Airy, but now I am seriosly thinking W. VA. instead. I heard comments a couple times last night that 'this is the governor's bill, it will pass'... made me wanna puke.

Brooksy

Mar 21, 2009
    Alexandria, VA
    Seems to me Manufacturers of "assault weapons" who try and stay in MD are still screwed. SJPC discussion of the "Beretta Amendment" made it clear only the manufacturer is exempted. So there is no way for someone who bought a fireram MD will classify as a banned assault weapon outside MD to return it for warranty work.

For that matter there is no way for a Manufacturer to export the weapon at all, save taking it across state lines themselves. As far as I can tell shipping companies are not exempted and able to possess "assault weapons" so it would be unworkable, even for a manufacturer, to bring them into or out of the state.

Last edited:

RAF

MDS Supporter
    Dec 24, 2012
    Well there are ways I am sure they can find out and by the time anyone knows what is going on with people being arrested we could have many folks in jails. Then you have to hope the courts give two shits and that the State won't drag its feet implimenting the wishes of the court.

The system only works if people have faith in it and all parties are willing to abide by it. It seems our current politicans don't give two shits about your rights or our Constitution.

Wonder how pleading the 5th would factor into this, if at all?

sajidakh

Dec 28, 2010
    To all those who think the "2 feature test" makes this AWB ban the same as the 94 one, you are wrong. The banned list still exists, and can be updated at MSP's leisure. The 2 feature test only applies to 'COPYCAT' firearms. The AR-15, AK, and virtually every other modern rifle worth having is still banned according to the list of banned"assault WEAPONS.'

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Statist bullshiit!!

Anyone who thinks Maryland doesn't want to eventually take ALL guns is as ignorant or moronic as ANY jew in favor of gun control.

I will continue to fight, but I believe it's just a matter of time before I, along with all law abiding gun owner in Maryland will be a legislated criminal. :sad20:

AvidRider

Dec 3, 2010
    Several keep asking about the handgun license and if you do not obtain or renew the license, that they confiscate the firearms?

I thought the bill was written, it states that the Handgun Qualification License was a license that must be obtained in order to PURCHASE or TRANSFER firearms? It didn't appear to be written that you must have the license in order to maintain your collection of firearms.

It's been a little while since I reviewed the copy of SB281...

Anybody?

Brooksy

Mar 21, 2009
    Alexandria, VA
    Several keep asking about the handgun license and if you do not obtain or renew the license, that they confiscate the firearms?

I thought the bill was written, it states that the Handgun Qualification License was a license that must be obtained in order to PURCHASE or TRANSFER firearms? It didn't appear to be written that you must have the license in order to maintain your collection of firearms.

It's been a little while since I reviewed the copy of SB281...

Anybody?

We haven't seen all the new amendments yet, but under the current text yes. The handgun qualification license applies to "purchase, rent, or receive a handgun" as stated in 5-101(O) under proposed SB 281.

Last edited:

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    I listened to this last night and it became very apparent to me that the legislators were not clear of their own bills content probably due to the fact that their aides or others have written them and they just passed the on as their bill.

I became incensed when they argued retired LEO's should be able to protect themselves so they should be exempt. So my first thought was ..what about me? I cannot? have we now acknowleded a two class society? those who can prototect themselves and those who cannot?

Icing on the cake was when they fought hard to exempt the mentally ill from this bill any way they could! SAY WHAT!.... Was not this the reason this whole knee jerk isuue came up? They came tp the conclusion it would not work because they do not comply with NICS reporting!!!!

I'm struggling to educate those who think this does not impact them but I'm afraid we are too late the train is coming full speed......regardless i have not given up. See you in Annapolis on the 1st and 5th of March.

Semper Fidelis......

Eviljagtech

Infected w/ Freedom
    Jan 24, 2010
    Harpers Ferry, WV
    Funny, last time I checked history we went to war to kick out a evil government for much much less. I will not follow ANY law they pass if it is passed, I will simple take my money else where. I said it before, I'll say it again, I made it out a NY, I'll make it out of MD.

On a side I love how they suck up to the police as they are some special group that gets there own laws. You can allows call the police, but who do you call when its the police coming for you?

If I start saving now Ill have enough money to move at least 2-3 states away, hopefully more south.

Brooksy

Mar 21, 2009
    Alexandria, VA
    I listened to this last night and it became very apparent to me that the legislators were not clear of their own bills content probably due to the fact that their aides or others have written them and they just passed the on as their bill.

They don't write their own amendments often, though they could. They tell legislative services what they want the amendment to do and Legislative Services drafts it. Creates a huge disconnect when what they said they wanted is not what is drafted.

93slayer

Jan 28, 2013
    So MD
    Man..... i just bought a house here last summer.....
    What a load of shit. What a pitiful ****ing state i live in. we need to stand up......

We need to get this under control......

Eviljagtech

Infected w/ Freedom
    Jan 24, 2010
    Harpers Ferry, WV
    They need the police support for when they try to enforce their unconstitutional laws as well as when they begin confiscating them for whatever reason.

In the same boat and the wife loves the education here. Looks like I have to stand and fight.

You know something popped in my head. The first one was started by a large government bail out and then that same government trying to disarm the people who where sick of the high taxes. Funny how history works, now what was the event again :innocent0

nobis1

Aug 5, 2012
    Politicians like to keep their jobs b/c they maintain their power. There are Democrats that could be in trouble as a result of this extremist bill. It is time to focus on Democrats in conservative areas, and let it be known money and foot soldiers will be unleashed in their districts to remove them next year.

Muse and Brochin likely fit that bill. Additionally, any senator that votes for this from the ES, Western MD, AA Cty, Calvert Cty, St Mary's Cty, Harford Cty, Frederick Cty, Howard Cty, Harford Cty, Baltimore Cty and Carroll Cty are perfect targets. Basically anywhere but Baltimore, PG and Mo Cty. It is wasted energy to have further communication with politicians from those areas.

Unfortunately, there needs to be some organization to target these people from conservative areas. This would allow for funding to be funneled against these people and for "boots on the ground" to knock on doors, man phone banks and drive people to polls.

Does something like this exist? If so, it is time to begin preparations and to make it known to every senator that comes from these areas that we are coming for them if they support this bill. Only when they feel the fire will they see the light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom