• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I detect the distinct odor of Frosh here. I (and others) think that many of the problems with LD can be traced to the fact that their "institutional memory" resides in their AAG Mark Bowen, the puppet directly controlled by Frosh. That's why changes in LD personnel don't seem to improve anything. Can someone, anyone, PLEASE convince the state GOP to actually mount a campaign for AG in 2018!!

Concur.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    This is the only cage code listed for something government in the 21208 zipcode is

02DG6 CRIMINAL JUSTICE INFORMATION SYSTEM CENTRAL REPOSITORY

Sure isn't the MSP LD. If I remember right; that's a DOJ outfit, and DOJ is a DoD User Agency (i.e., customer).

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Sure isn't the MSP LD. If I remember right; that's a DOJ outfit, and DOJ is a DoD User Agency (i.e., customer).

CJIS is a MD agency, but falls under the DPSCS generally, not under MSP. It is the state's central criminal history clearinghouse.

Bigfoot21075

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2008
    Elkridge, MD
    They are asking precisely for the information that you are not allowed to post on your resume. The generic statement goes something like "I am able to work on classified projects." That's about as detailed as you can get without becoming "Stupid in Public."

Not to beat a dead horse, but you are incorrect. MSP is asking only for the following;

"Your name and current level of Federal Security Clearance eligibility (Top Secret, Top Secret/SCI, Secret, etc)" THIS is allowed on your resume. NOTHING ADDITIONAL but this is allowed.

"A statement from the Security Manager confirming that you have routine and daily access to materials classified at your current clearance level" This fact is allowed on your resume. NOTHING MORE than this and a statement to the fact is also allowed.

"The name and contact information for the Security Manager drafting the document" Is obviously allowed as well.

If the fact is you simply do not want to provide the requested information that is a different thing entirely. Of if you are bitter that Maryland is stepping on your second amendment right - that too is understandable. Also, even though it is allowed, I for one an VERY uncomfortable with providing it. It goes against the culture.

Disclaimer - I do not know if you are a blue badger or not, that may change things up? Also I know different agencies can have different standards.

The bad part I see is that they say you must provide this information for these facts to even be considered as part of your G and S but they never say it is adequate support for approval.:confused:

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    You know, this has gotten absurd. Where is Hogan on all this? This kind of conduct goes far, far beyond just "following the law" and requiring "good and substantial."

. . . Now, back to the discussion at hand, the damned letter from MSP asking for information they have absolutely no need to know, signed by an NCO that has absolutely no authority to do so, no care for those that he serves, and the letter being able to be sent out without any concern from the head Executive of the State.

(Did I miss anything?)

Good summary Dan. I like the Governor, but I have no answer why he continues to allow his cabinet secretary to cede so much authority to an AAG. Mark Bowen apparently runs the LD. Pollazzi and the LD command staff, and even Sgt. Moriarity, haven't figured out they are the client. If Pollazzi doesn't want to direct the LD as part of his legislatively authorized duties Hogan should replace him. If Hogan doesn't he is unquestionably part of the problem and not a solution. My fear of course is that if Hogan or Pollazzi don't straighten out this mess soon Hogan supporters from the 2A community will stay at home. Might only be a small percentage of voters, but Hogan is going to need all of them.

wolfdad

Older Shootin' Geek
    Mar 2, 2011
    Earth, I think..........
    As I said earlier, Hogan needs to grow a set and use the "choke chain." And, again, since when does a MSP First Sergeant set "STATE" firearms policy.....this entire CCW permit process makes me want to puke.

On another note, just had a friend attempt to buy an Inland 1911, however, that brand of 1911 has not been "approved or viewed by the state of Maryland," so, the individual submits the specs (a 1911 is a 1911 is a 1911) and, this gun, specifically is made in the truest sense a 1911, to the HGRB. He is treated rudely (I have the name of the individual) and told that "Maryland has not looked at this gun," and, that, essentially was the end of the conversation. Precisely WHEN are these bozo's going to learn that their salary is paid on the backs of Maryland taxpayers????? Somebody (Hogan would be the best one) needs to reign in these little state paid demagogues.

BTW, fits right in with me being told the soonest I can get a HPRB scheduled is 23 October.....total BS!!!!! Now, I am told that the HPRB is hearing 8 cases per session and that there is a 50% no show rate!!!! WTFO????? Also, as I said earlier, we are all settling into a mindset of acceptance and that just doesn't work for me.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Good summary Dan. I like the Governor, but I have no answer why he continues to allow his cabinet secretary to cede so much authority to an AAG. Mark Bowen apparently runs the LD. Pollazzi and the LD command staff, and even Sgt. Moriarity, haven't figured out they are the client. If Pollazzi doesn't want to direct the LD as part of his legislatively authorized duties Hogan should replace him. If Hogan doesn't he is unquestionably part of the problem and not a solution. My fear of course is that if Hogan or Pollazzi don't straighten out this mess soon Hogan supporters from the 2A community will stay at home. Might only be a small percentage of voters, but Hogan is going to need all of them.

The more I think about it, the more I think Hogan's administration may have more of a hand in this and similar issues, directly or indirectly, than it appears. I have never seen a political administration anywhere that wasn't elbow deep in the operations of their police department. And I did work at the upper levels of one for years. Police departments are one of the most visible day to day representations of an elected official and also the one part of the administrative branch with the most liability. Elected officials with responsibility for them are always deeply embedded in the upper level decisions, even if they don't like to appear so.

This is an administration that likes to have it's cake and eat it too as far as the gun rights vote. I wouldn't be surprised if Hogan's people saw their best course was to make it a stated policy to grant permits on the basis of clearances, while at the same time telling MSP's administration that "we want you to take a real good hard look at these applicants (wink, wink)." So Hogan can have it both ways. He can say he supported permits for these applicants, and at the same time by making them so difficult to get there is little risk of anyone who gets a permit misusing it and making the news and embarrassing him politically. Even though most of us don't see it this way, I am sure that this political administration sees every permit granted as a potential liability that could embarrass them on the local news someday if the permit holder ever screws up. I doubt they shed any tears over less permits being out there.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    BTW, fits right in with me being told the soonest I can get a HPRB scheduled is 23 October.....total BS!!!!! Now, I am told that the HPRB is hearing 8 cases per session and that there is a 50% no show rate!!!! WTFO????? Also, as I said earlier, we are all settling into a mindset of acceptance and that just doesn't work for me.

For the last several years there is a consistent 50% show up rate of applicants at the hearings which blows the mind. Why would someone go through all that trouble and then not show up?

Now we have seen some prohibited people actually attend their hearing and we regularly hear of quite a few who have "worked it out" with the LD before their hearing. Perhaps that makes up the lion's share of the no shows, but I doubt it.

Except for those "worked out" after their hearings have been scheduled, none of the no shows have anything to do with the HPRB admin or members. The admin does a good job of scheduling and communicating with the applicants, if they don't show it's on them.

Frustrating to be sure, I've never understood it.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md

Everyone to the far right down here have already decided hogans not worth voting for next time.

He dug this hole not us. What a shame.

Hopefully all his " happy " democrap supporters come out to save the day.

Bigfoot21075

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2008
    Elkridge, MD
    The more I think about it, the more I think Hogan's administration may have more of a hand in this and similar issues, directly or indirectly, than it appears. I have never seen a political administration anywhere that wasn't elbow deep in the operations of their police department. And I did work at the upper levels of one for years. Police departments are one of the most visible day to day representations of an elected official and also the one part of the administrative branch with the most liability. Elected officials with responsibility for them are always deeply embedded in the upper level decisions, even if they don't like to appear so.

This is an administration that likes to have it's cake and eat it too as far as the gun rights vote. I wouldn't be surprised if Hogan's people saw their best course was to make it a stated policy to grant permits on the basis of clearances, while at the same time telling MSP's administration that "we want you to take a real good hard look at these applicants (wink, wink)." So Hogan can have it both ways. He can say he supported permits for these applicants, and at the same time by making them so difficult to get there is little risk of anyone who gets a permit misusing it and making the news and embarrassing him politically. Even though most of us don't see it this way, I am sure that this political administration sees every permit granted as a potential liability that could embarrass them on the local news someday if the permit holder ever screws up. I doubt they shed any tears over less permits being out there.

THAT would be EXTREMELY disheartening but it does make sense. Hogan is a smart guy, he knows we support him largely because we are in tune with our rights and had hoped he was too. That may not be the case.... :mad54:

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    THAT would be EXTREMELY disheartening but it does make sense. Hogan is a smart guy, he knows we support him largely because we are in tune with our rights and had hoped he was too. That may not be the case.... :mad54:

Hogan's not a gun guy. He doesn't wake up every morning thinking of new ways to advance the 2A in this state.

He also doesn't wake up every morning thinking of new ways to infringe on our 2A rights, unlike his predecessor and whoever his Dem opponent might be in 2018, and a majority of the GA.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Hogan's not a gun guy. He doesn't wake up every morning thinking of new ways to advance the 2A CIVIL Rights in this state.

He also doesn't wake up every morning thinking of new ways to infringe on our 2A CIVIL rights, unlike his predecessor and whoever his Dem opponent might be in 2018, and a majority of the GA.

FIFY

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Not just my nose son, if it was no one would care. You know, kinda like hogan doesn't care about the 2 nd amendment.

Like I said, it's a shame. Hogan looked very promising and has turned out to be a flash in the pan.

Last I checked we weren't related, but your nose and the noses of others who won't vote for Hogan or vote for anyone with a D behind their name in 2018 are part of the problem.

Be a part of the solution.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon

Unfortunately he's still a better choice for us than any leftist the dems in this state will run in an election, and he knows it. I don't want to get into the whole vote or not vote for him thing here but that's how I see it.

I probably won't vote for him again but because of a different issue. Which was his not only supporting the bill gutting the LEOBR, but also signing it during the same ceremony where he signed Noah's Law. And using the police officers who showed up for Noah's Law as a backdrop for it. I have a hard time voting for anyone who would do that. No matter how bad the opponent is. I may do like he said he did with Trump and just write someone else in when I vote.

Anyway I don't want to sidetrack the thread too far into a "should I vote for Hogan again?" discussion but that's how I see it.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Last I checked we weren't related, but your nose and the noses of others who won't vote for Hogan or vote for anyone with a D behind their name in 2018 are part of the problem.

Be a part of the solution.

Hogan could quite easily be the solution , although it would be temporary, and direct pollozi to accept self defense as g and s today. At least he would have done something other than hiding from 2a supporters. Funny that solutions can swing both ways.

Doing nothing is NOT doing something, at least anywhere I have ever worked. Do nothing and then look for different employment. That's how that works. I am sure if your employees stood around for four years doing nothing and their supporters told you nothing was something you would not be advancing them further.

All hogan has to do to regain our votes is do something, anything. The balls in his court.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    CJIS is a MD agency, but falls under the DPSCS generally, not under MSP. It is the state's central criminal history clearinghouse.

It is also the only State Agency with the authority and access to send or request changes to, information in NICS.

cool_t_1

Sep 14, 2016
    AA County MD
    Interesting information about clearances and requests for them. You can definitely tell by the conversation who works where.

Now in regards to Security Manager who do the want? Small sub company, the prime, govie SSO? I can see the letter being filled out and signed easier at the lowest level than that top.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    Interesting information about clearances and requests for them. You can definitely tell by the conversation who works where.

Now in regards to Security Manager who do the want? Small sub company, the prime, govie SSO? I can see the letter being filled out and signed easier at the lowest level than that top.

Most people at the bottom won't sign without the ok from the top, which they won't give because there is not a govt need to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom