IMR powders, SGK bullets, and primers needed.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    If anybody runs across any out there on the web or at a local store, could you lease let me know? A buddy is looking to get into hunting and is having a really hard time finding 308 ammo, so he wants me to make some hand loads for him. I'll pass all the links/info along to him so he can get the powder, primers, and bullets.

He needs 165 gr SGK HPBT (200-400pcs), powder preferably IMR 3031 or IMR 4895, and large rifle primers preferably CCI 200's but he will take whatever he can get in the LR primer category at this time.

We are set on using the bullet and powder choices because we already have a load for the 165 SGK HPBT with IMR 3031/4895. We don't want to have to start the load development process all over again with a new bullet/powder combo.

Thanks in advance for all your help guys!

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    A week ago, Accurate Arms (Loveville, MD) had IMR-3031 on their shelf.

I was in the middle of a transaction, so, I didn't get a price. Sorry.

As much as I hate to say it, he doesn't have any experience with getting powder from a local store. If anything comes up online, it would make things a lot easier for him. I appreciate the heads up, because I might make a run down to see what they have for my own stocking purposes.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    As much as I hate to say it, he doesn't have any experience with getting powder from a local store. If anything comes up online, it would make things a lot easier for him. I appreciate the heads up, because I might make a run down to see what they have for my own stocking purposes.

That is a lonnnnnnnnnng ride for a look-see!!!!!!!! :shocked3:

They aren't open on Monday, and they close at 6:00 p.m. (Hours: Tues. - Friday 1:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.)

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    IMR 3031 has been available online, as well as Large Rifle Primers.

I saw some 165 SGK a while back in response to another thread, but I shoot SMK, so haven't been paying attention to GK bullets.

But you have to keep looking and grab it when you find it.

I did just get some H4895 though. :)

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    If he wanted to travel to Western Maryland, I know where there is some IMR 4895 to be had. The problem with mail order is the high shipping and hazmat fees.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    If he wanted to travel to Western Maryland, I know where there is some IMR 4895 to be had. The problem with mail order is the high shipping and hazmat fees.

We might have to make the trip up to this mythical place in a week or so. While we are up there, I need to drop a package off with a Hooligan (I keep forgetting to put the bloody thing in the mail).

Do they have LR primers?

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Unfortunately no, I don't. I don't use Trailboss for 308. Hell, I don't even know what you can use Trailboss for. <--- Ignorance on my part.

TRAIL BOSS

Trail Boss is designed specifically for low velocity lead bullet loads suitable for Cowboy Action shooting. It is primarily a pistol powder, but has some application in rifle. It is based on a whole new technology which allows very high loading density, good flow through powder measures, stability in severe temperature variation and most importantly, additional safety to the handloader.

Trail Boss handgun data and rifle data are available.

:)

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I could use the location of some Varget also. And Federal LR Match primers.

Thanks.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    Unfortunately no, I don't. I don't use Trailboss for 308. Hell, I don't even know what you can use Trailboss for. <--- Ignorance on my part.

I've never used it, but, there's a bunch of guys on another forum, that use the heck out of Trail Boss powder, in their .45-70(s).

Some call 'em "Bunny Fart Loads". Some call 'em "Popcorn Fart Loads".

One guy is getting cloverleaf groups at 50 and 100 yards with a 405 grain boolit!!!!

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    I've never used it, but, there's a bunch of guys on another forum, that use the heck out of Trail Boss powder, in their .45-70(s).

Some call 'em "Bunny Fart Loads". Some call 'em "Popcorn Fart Loads".

One guy is getting cloverleaf groups at 50 and 100 yards with a 405 grain boolit!!!!
    yep,i want ti for bunny farts out of my sig716 but i think im gonna sell it now....

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    DA,
    I know this doesn't help you now BUT..... My wife stopped by Green Top on her way back from NC today looking for some powder (H335 or Varget) for me, didn't find any but when she got home she said they had IMR 4895 in 8lbs containers :rolleyes:.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    There is plenty of varget out here in wash co and if you need large rifle I can prob get you some. If you can use large mag I have 1k of those already.

Let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom