• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wizzer368

Zombie Slayer
    Aug 9, 2010
    Eastern shore of MD
    I want to order an Ar15 however it come with to 30 mags. I talked to the company and they wouldn't take them out or give me 20 round mags. I was wondering if I can order the rifle and have my dealer take the magazines out. Any thoughts, Thanks

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Option #3: deal with a company that isn't staffed by inflexible, difficult bozos.

Option #4: buy from a local IP.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Option #3: deal with a company that isn't staffed by inflexible, difficult bozos.

Option #4: buy from a local IP.

+1
    Deal with a local IP, they can probably get whatever it is you are trying to buy or already have one. I know 2ASales replaces them with 20rd to make MD complaint, that's what I got with my 6920. And by the time you pay for a transfer you probably aren't saving money over the internet anyway.

http://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    According to Ms. Jenkins, the FFL has the option to substitute, pin, or remove the mag altogether. The sticky part is getting the 'shipping' FFL to make the transfer, and getting the 'receiving' FFL to make it complaint. I just did this same transaction with The Gun Shop in Essex.

Here's the text of the e-mail I got back from Ms. Jenkins at MSP.

Yes Ed:
    You are correct - in basic terms - a firearm can come into the gun store not meeting Maryland requirements - but must leave the gun store meeting the Maryland requirements.

The burden lies on the FFL dealer before the sale is completed - that includes Integrated safety locks and magazine limits (20 rounds) requirements. FFL Dealers in Maryland are (or should be) aware of this - and can make the necessary adjustments. If your FFL dealer is a little uncertain - he can always contact Licensing Division and speak to one of the troopers - the 77R should have a mark off spot for this also.

If Licensing is hard to reach by phone - I am a little easier to get a hold of (410-653-4247)

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Normal practice in MD is for the FFL to keep 30-round mags that arrive with the rifle. It's up to the FFL to substitute 20-round mags or not. Their choice. You either go along with it or shop elsewhere. My usual FFL doesn't stock 20-round mags that I care for, so I leave with just the rifle. No biggie. I'll stick with 30-round PMAGs purchased elsewhere.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Got a delivery address in VA, WV or PA you can use?

This!!

Have the company ship the rifle to your local FFL (no mags included), and then have them ship your mags to your friends house in Virginia! I have done it before and it is pretty simple. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Imetthevarmit

Latest threads

Top Bottom