• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DGI

Jan 19, 2010
    Reisterstown MD

I always wanted a 92 ever since I saw the movie "Stop or my mom will shoot"...

A couple years back I got a smoking deal on a Novaks 92FS... I started hanging out over on the Beretta forum and before I knew it, I bought a 92FS compact Type M. Its a neat single stack 92 that is just as smooth as it's full size brother.

A couple months back I got the itch to "build" a 92. I picked up a M9A1 and a spare 92FS Brigadier slide. I sent it to BF member "WAL" and had him install his conical barrel bushing and enhance the factory checkering (as well as some other stuff) and he had it back to me in less than a week. Its a tack driver and shoots way better than my Novak's pistol. It actually shoots better than my 9mm 1911 from Springfield's Custom Shop... :innocent0

Recently I connected with another BF member and he is actually building me a Centurion pistol in Single Action Only tomorrow. Its going to use a full size frame with a 92D Centurion slide and Frame Safeties from a Billennium.

He sent me this pic today

If his past work is anything to go by... this thing is gonna rock! :party29:

Anyone else have a fetish for these beauties?

mike_in_md

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2008
    Howard County
    Here is my custom made bad boy...does less than 3/4 inch groups at 50 yards with the right person shooting it.

imag0369.jpg

kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007
    I love my PX4, got a full size 9mm, several rounds through and never a problem, replaced the recoil spring assy with a Steve Bedair one and it still shoots great. Also have a 92fS, they are very comfortable guns to gun me.

Nice collection Prez!

I've seen with my own eyes at least 1/3 of training class with over 80 people all with PX4 storms have issues. I myself had multiple issues while in training. On one occasion I looked to the shooter on my left and he was having an issue as well. They are not good for duty use. They do have great triggers, good ergonomics and damn accurate. Reliable, no. Just my opinion from a week of shooting the thing. MSP and PGPD dropped the weapon, both departments had similar issues.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Before Beretta went all traitor I ended up buying two a nice M9 which has turned out to be one of the most accurate handguns I have and a Cougar .45

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I love my Berettas I have several 92fs and a px4 . Besides the 1911 the 92f is 1 of a few metal frame handguns still being made. Its curves are that of a Italian sports car .

madchestermonkey

Pond straddler
    Oct 10, 2012
    Lowcountry SC
    I've seen with my own eyes at least 1/3 of training class with over 80 people all with PX4 storms have issues. I myself had multiple issues while in training. On one occasion I looked to the shooter on my left and he was having an issue as well. They are not good for duty use. They do have great triggers, good ergonomics and damn accurate. Reliable, no. Just my opinion from a week of shooting the thing. MSP and PGPD dropped the weapon, both departments had similar issues.

I have heard similar stories but I have nothing but good things to say about them, As an edit I have several thousand rounds trough mine, not just several :D

They seem to be a love it or hate gun, Personally I dont really enjoy shooting Glocks but there are so many that do, Not calling them bad, i just don't enjoy them.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    My 92A1 is our nightstand gun, because I have yet to shoot another handgun more accurately. It took some time to get used to the trigger but once I practiced with it, it amazed me.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Yeah, Berettas rock. Own a 92fs, full-size Px4 .40 and a Px4 SC in 9mm. Not sure why so many people hate the Px4. I suspect they're just Glock fans. Reality is that it's accurate, easy to strip and never had a single issue in 600+ rounds.

Terphunter

Jul 25, 2012
    I have heard similar stories but I have nothing but good things to say about them, As an edit I have several thousand rounds trough mine, not just several :D

They seem to be a love it or hate gun, Personally I dont really enjoy shooting Glocks but there are so many that do, Not calling them bad, i just don't enjoy them.

I love my Glock 19...but i also love my Beretta PX4 full size in 9mm...just a little over 2000 rounds with NO issues...nothing but accurate and fun to shoot. Maybe i lucked out but 2 k rounds give me more than enough confidence as HD weapon...and yes it has a great trigger and is accurate!

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG

While I can’t speak to the PX4 9mm or the .40, I do have the .45 version. I have fed it everything; "simi-wad cuter, straight faced wad-cutter, ball, and various HP versions, with no jams or other malfunctions". I would trust my life with the PX4 .45 cal. I have.

MonkeyPunch

Feb 23, 2013
    Montgomery County
    Yeah, Berettas rock. Own a 92fs, full-size Px4 .40 and a Px4 SC in 9mm. Not sure why so many people hate the Px4. I suspect they're just Glock fans. Reality is that it's accurate, easy to strip and never had a single issue in 600+ rounds.

While I can’t speak to the PX4 9mm or the .40, I do have the .45 version. I have fed it everything; "simi-wad cuter, straight faced wad-cutter, ball, and various HP versions, with no jams or other malfunctions". I would trust my life with the PX4 .45 cal. I have.

Here's some information that I dug up on the MSP dropping the PX4 as their duty-gun.

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/maryland/Maryland-State-Police-switch-from-Berettas-to-Glocks/-/9379376/14743582/-/m1j154z/-/index.html

Based on rumors I've heard (forum-posts/etc), there apparently were problems with the magazine base-plates coming off if the magazine was dropped (or dropped and then inserted into the gun) and failures to feed/eject with working magazines. I don't know if there is any truth to these rumors.

From my limited understanding, the consensus seems to be that PX4s are great range-guns but not reliable enough for self-defense.

I have a 92A1 myself, so I'm not trying to bash Beretta, just clarifying why I think most people lack trust in the PX4.

DGI

Jan 19, 2010
    Reisterstown MD
    Stage One of the project is complete.

Final assembly will happen on Tuesday and it'll ship to me on Wednesday.

I should be able to test fire it 7-8 days after that :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom