• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • casualmadness

Man about town
    Jun 4, 2012
    VA
    Not a big deal really but slightly annoying due to failure to pay attention to detail. So I finally got my C&R app together, got my 2nd copy for the local CLEO...got my CC info filled out, past 5 years addresses...got everything filled out. Made a copy for my own records and dropped the originals in the envelopes and took it all by the post office during lunch today. Got back to the office and was looking through my copies and realized, on the payment info, I plugged in my cc# and exp date but I didn't sign the part authorizing the BATFE to charge me the $30. :banghead:
    Yeup...I'm a dumbass.

So I guess I'll get my app returned to me in a couple weeks so I can sign it and send it in again thus making my wait time that much longer. Serves me right for not paying attention to detail.
    I can hear my old Drill Sergeant right now in my ear..."Attention to detail Private!!!"

casualmadness

Man about town
    Jun 4, 2012
    VA
    If it makes you feel any better I missed the part you're supposed to initial. It will be okay!

Wait...there's a part you're supposed to initial?!?! :shocked4:

Kidding... :D

Yeah it's not a big deal really. Just kinda irks me a little that I didn't pay attention. It'll delay me a week or so but in the grand scheme of life, not a huge deal.

reverendbeer

Stiff Member
    Nov 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel Province, DPRM
    So I guess I'll get my app returned to me in a couple weeks so I can sign it and send it in again thus making my wait time that much longer. Serves me right for not paying attention to detail.

Immediately send in a CORRECTED copy.

I did the same thing, sorta (wrong exp date), but realized my mistake and sent in a corrected copy the next day. No issues.

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    I somehow messed up mine back in april. I called again today to see what was up with it and they told me that they mailed the info tuesday. 2 months because of a glitch in the paperwork.

THEY told me not to send another application!!!!

casualmadness

Man about town
    Jun 4, 2012
    VA
    I somehow messed up mine back in april. I called again today to see what was up with it and they told me that they mailed the info tuesday. 2 months because of a glitch in the paperwork.

THEY told me not to send another application!!!!

Meh...I already sent another one. What's done is done. Nothing to do but wait now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom