• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • randian

Jan 13, 2012
    Just heard and this made my night.
    It shouldn't. This is shall issue in name only. Local officials can still say no and the review boards are stacked. Chicago is already saying they're going to reject everybody they can.

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    I can't wait to see what happens to the crime and murder rate in Chicago in the next few years. With both rates being amongst the highest in the country, if either rate takes a dive it will destroy many anti-2A arguments against conceal carry.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    It shouldn't. This is shall issue in name only. Local officials can still say no and the review boards are stacked. Chicago is already saying they're going to reject everybody they can.

The officials have to come up with a reason why the person shouldn't be licensed. I don't doubt some Chicago officials will try to use some BS like unpaid parking or speeding tickets, but I would think anything like that should be able to be knocked out pretty swiftly. I believe PA? also has something similiar in their law. The burden is on them.

pilotguy

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Woodstock, MD
    This can still go to the SCOTUS. I think it would be dumb to do so, but the Senate can still reject the bill, the gov can veto it, and/or the AG can appeal to the SCOTUS. I think most realize that is probably not a good plan for them, but their arrogance may trump their common sense.
    Keep in mind that the bill's biggest backer is the AG's father.

Maestro Pistolero

Mar 20, 2012
    How can a ban on public transportation pass even a rational basis test, when those same individuals are not too dangerous on the a crowded sidewalk?

zenMonkey

Patriot Picket
    Mar 30, 2013
    Maybe I'm just being cynical, but I don't see this thing sailing through the Senate without hitting some speed bumps. I feel like some of the senator's heads will explode when they argue about this.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Fine , if their State Senate doesn't pass it , the result will be FOID carry. Sorta win/ even more win situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom