• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I
    Very nice. I do believe I'm jealous. :innocent0 The M1 Carbine was my pal during the Baltimore City Riots in '68. I felt very secure with the "ONE" round of ammo they gave us which had to be kept in a pocket.
    :facepalm:
    I remember that from a neighbor who was in the guard at that time. But I also can't help but think of Barney Fife when I think about it. (And, yeah I know you guys weren't Barney's).

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    I was looking at the CMP website today, under rifle sales, M1 Carbines, there's a nice little write up about them as well as other information and online manuals that's concise and I assume accurate.
    That's a nice story mawkie. I have a similar story. My cousin had a Ruger Blackhawk 41 magnum that he let me shoot when I was a kid, over 50 years ago. I always wanted it being it was the first handgun I ever shot. He sold it out from under me to a guy in town. Later in life we became friends, this guy in town. My friend passed away last spring. I went to his funeral in Johnstown PA. Long story short, his brother had the revolver and wanted to sell it. My buddy gave my cousin $75 for it, a 3 screw. The brother thought it was worth $1000, I offered $500. They divvied up the rest of his collection and the Ruger and only a few other guns were left.
    If you got a 3 screw Ruger 41 mag for $500, you got a steal, especially if it has the 4 5/8" barrel.

kingfish

Jan 15, 2008
    Paul rebarreled an M1 carbine for me back in the early 2000s. He also sold me my first M1 garand at the pikesville show, I think, in the late 90s

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom