• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Standard?? What "standard" laid down? The only thing they've said is advertised or marketed as HBAR.

I’m not looking for legal advice but I keep trying to find out what exactly complies with the words “marked HBAR”

Who is allowed to “mark” something?

Protege V posted a pic of some stamping dies as a joke but seriously this advisory statement is so vague it is absolutely meaningless.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I’m not looking for legal advice but I keep trying to find out what exactly complies with the words “marked HBAR”

Who is allowed to “mark” something?

Protege V posted a pic of some stamping dies as a joke but seriously this advisory statement is so vague it is absolutely meaningless.

MSP says marked *or advertised*. Lots of barrels are advertised, not marked. keep a copy of your invoice.

My view personally is that if the MSP is calipering your barrels you've already done 7 or 8 things wrong. They do not go around with calipers at ranges. If they are searching your truck or house you are already neck deep.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Standard?? What "standard" laid down? The only thing they've said is advertised or marketed as HBAR.

My apologies, I didn't type it in there, brain was moving far too fast, but I was also trying to say that the industry standard for HBAR doesn't exist, nor is there a definition in COMAR or MSP advisory.

My point is that if that 9mm barrel qualifies as HBAR, then this barrel from KAK does as well, and it can be articulated easily.

https://www.kakindustry.com/ar-15-p.../contract-556-16-inch-carbine-melonite-barrel

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    MSP says marked *or advertised*. Lots of barrels are advertised, not marked. keep a copy of your invoice.

My view personally is that if the MSP is calipering your barrels you've already done 7 or 8 things wrong. They do not go around with calipers at ranges. If they are searching your truck or house you are already neck deep.

The bolded section is the issue at play. If there is no industry definition, nor is there any definition in COMAR or what MSP says, then the entire thing is arbitrary and capricious, just like G&S. Without a definition, all they can fall back on is saying that pencil barrels are banned, nothing more.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    The bolded section is the issue at play. If there is no industry definition, nor is there any definition in COMAR or what MSP says, then the entire thing is arbitrary and capricious, just like G&S. Without a definition, all they can fall back on is saying that pencil barrels are banned, nothing more.

Or they could go the other direction and say "except Colt Sporter HBAR" means exactly "Colt Sporter HBAR" configuration. Fixed stock, nonremovable carry handle upper, A2-style handguards only. This is another one of those "don't ever pester MSP for clarification" issues.

Feb 28, 2013
    Or they could go the other direction and say "except Colt Sporter HBAR" means exactly "Colt Sporter HBAR" configuration. Fixed stock, nonremovable carry handle upper, A2-style handguards only. This is another one of those "don't ever pester MSP for clarification" issues.

And what kinda barrel does one o’ them got?

Same size from the barrel nut out to the gas block?

There ya go. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom