"If you live near a Target, you just might be a red-neck" err, no, not.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Friends or foes? Multiple choices allowed.

• Target good.

Votes: 16 25.0%
    • Target bad.

Votes: 9 14.1%
    • Walmart good.

Votes: 12 18.8%
    • Walmart bad.

Votes: 16 25.0%
    • Who cares.

Votes: 36 56.3%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Target, like every other national business, generally locates in major metropolitan areas.

Here is the current (2013) Target store distribution:
    800px-Target_footprint.png

The 2012 electoral vote by county:
    2012electoralcountybycountymap111612web.jpg

4659159131_conservative_liberal_281x300_answer_103_xlarge.jpeg

adding shades of purple *between:
    countymappurple512.png

----

Very different than Walmart, but that's another story:

* http://www-personal.umich.edu/~mejn/election/2012/

Last edited:

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    I prefer Target for many things, but end up shopping more often at WM because they sell motor oil and ammo :)

I don't think that there is any causal relationship between the store locations and the outcomes of elections in particular districts, other than they are trying to reach as many of their target customers as they can - and maybe more of their customers are blue. If you are suggesting that Target has some kind of influence over elections, well, I don'y buy that.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Target - we have half the selection of Wally World at higher prices. We feel good to be snootier than Wally , but are still looked down upon all the real yuppies.

frdfandc

Fish It
    Aug 27, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    I don't thing there is any correlation to location of Target stores and the way people vote. The location of Target stores, or most stores for that matters, is traffic flow. Why would Target put a store in the middle of Minnesota if there wasn't enough people to make the store survive? They wouldn't, they would put it in the population centers.

That being said, I shop at Target and WalMart. Comes down to who has what I need at the price I want to pay.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I don't thing there is any correlation to location of Target stores and the way people vote. The location of Target stores, or most stores for that matters, is traffic flow. Why would Target put a store in the middle of Minnesota if there wasn't enough people to make the store survive? They wouldn't, they would put it in the population centers.

That being said, I shop at Target and WalMart. Comes down to who has what I need at the price I want to pay.

There's one in Decatur, Illinois that gets nearly no traffic, and is half and half conservative farm folk and city(ish) rats.

It is what it is.

frdfandc

Fish It
    Aug 27, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    They wouldn't. They'd put their HQ there! :innocent0
    They are a Minnesota company...

I didn't know that. But after some searching, their HQ is Minneapolis. Not a small town by any means.

But for the Decatur, IL location, it's very close to a Walmart there. I'm sure Walmart does better business due to the clientele.

jtb81100

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2012
    Western HoCo
    Honestly, I don't really like either company much. I shop at Walmart (only certain ones) only because they have pretty much anything you could want under one roof. I don't shop at Target at all, because (to me) they really are worse then Walmart, but they think they're better. Its kind of like dressing up a trashy girl. Yea she's all dressed up, but she's still trash.

Mar 31, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    I find it funny looking closely at the map and the areas that voted for obama; Baltimore county, prince George's county, DC etc etc. the most government dependent places in Maryland. Besides DC of course.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Alot of shopping in Walmart. Food, clothes, DVDs, ammo, hunting supply's, tires, paint.
    just about anything I need at short notice.
    We live less than 1 mile from Wally World.

Honestly, I don't really like either company much. I shop at Walmart (only certain ones) only because they have pretty much anything you could want under one roof. I don't shop at Target at all, because (to me) they really are worse then Walmart, but they think they're better. Its kind of like dressing up a trashy girl. Yea she's all dressed up, but she's still trash.

Actually, I've always gone for dressed-up trashy girls.

Benanov

PM Bomber
    May 15, 2013
    Shrewsbury, PA
    The most interesting Target is the one in Bentonville, AR. For obvious reasons.

Target doesn't have all of the selection Wal-Mart does (read: ammunition), but the checkout lines are much shorter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom