• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I wish someone would submit these to the ATF for C&R approval they definitely are a landmark design.

ThawMyTongue

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2009
    Dublin, OH
    Didn't mention in the OP, but I am open to suggestions for an IWB holster. I normally carry from 3 to 6 o'clock. Love my Don Hume PCCH, but want something different for the P7.

ThawMyTongue

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2009
    Dublin, OH
    Finally made time to head to the range. Dropped the wife off at the salon and headed over to Freestate.

The P7 is a dream to shoot! It is much more accurate than I am and runs like a swiss watch. First, I shot 100 rounds of WWB without so much as a hiccup. Then, for HP testing, I pulled out a box of Winchester Supreme Elite +P. It was snappy, but definitely not too much so and both mags and gun fed and shot it perfectly. At this point the trigger guard was becoming a little warm, but not to the point of discomfort. I let it cool while I played with my Sub 2k and AR before picking it up again and running 50 or so rounds of Federal FMJ through it to finish the day.

All in all, I am more than impressed with this firearm. I know the squeeze cocker is a turn off to some, but after the first squeeze, you do not even notice it. I do need more trigger time. I am not used to smaller framed guns with a shorter sight radius which, I think, was causing my accuracy issues. Also, I want to run a few more flavors of HP ammo through the gun as this is going to be my carry firearm.

I have a IWB holster ordered from Theis Holsters and will review that after it arrives.

To all who might be on the fence about a P7... GET ONE! You will not regret it!

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    Okay, I have a bit of Asperger's Syndrome, not full-blown ADD, but I just had to steal this from you:

ADD.jpg

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    I wonder how many people, while under stress, would just pull all fingers on the initial actuation of the grip and fire the thing accidentally?

The triggers on those are pretty light once that grip is pulled, and it's a normal reaction for the trigger finger to follow the motion of the others.

ThawMyTongue

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2009
    Dublin, OH
    I wonder how many people, while under stress, would just pull all fingers on the initial actuation of the grip and fire the thing accidentally?

The triggers on those are pretty light once that grip is pulled, and it's a normal reaction for the trigger finger to follow the motion of the others.

If you train to index the trigger finger on draw you can avoid this issue. The squeezing of the grip is not as hard as you think. A good grip on the gun will activate it. By my third mag I was not even thinking about the squeeze cocker anymore.

I know Freestate is a bit of a drive from Seoul:lol2:, but if you ever find yourself in MD I would be glad to let you squeeze off a few!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alfontso

Latest threads

Top Bottom