• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • If Maryland allowed you to get a CCW, would you get one?

• Yes! Right away!

Votes: 250 94.0%
    • Maybe later.

Votes: 9 3.4%
    • No. Never.

Votes: 2 0.8%
    • Undecided.

Votes: 5 1.9%

• Total voters

joppaj

Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Yes, I would apply for one even though I don't need it. I'd like to skew the stats to show that one more CCW permit and no blood ran in the streets.

13mogul

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2009
    YES, immediately. Even if I never used it. The more people that have one, the more attention CCW holders will be given by our elected morons.

wlc

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    this is a no brainer
    even if you had no desire to carry, it's a good insurance policy for the future if the need arises.

Splitter

R.I.P.
    Jun 25, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    I would have three people signed up immediately including myself. Then I would start working on the people I am getting into the sport of shooting right now.

Yes, it is a right. But we all know there are "limitations" put on out rights because we have allowed it to be so. If they treat the CCW process something like the DMV process, I would have to go for it. It would be a great step even though I am damned sure they won't make it free or reasonable.

Splitter

ssjones

Nov 22, 2008
    My dilemma is that my work takes me to some pretty sketchy places in NJ/PA and NY, and at odd hours. I'd be a lot more comfortable with at least a pistol in my car. But even if I had a MD conceal-carry, it would apply in those other states, right?
    Lately, I've had a few run-ins with some unpleasant folks and have considered just keeping an pocket gun with me anyway. How much trouble could I get into if it was found or used?

squirrels

Who cooks for you?
    Jan 25, 2008
    Yes, right away. But for all the wrong reasons. (i.e. because it's "totally cool to be packing heat")

I'm sure a lot of people on here would as well.

I dunno how often I'd actually carry, though. There's a LOT of responsibility inherent in it.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    My dilemma is that my work takes me to some pretty sketchy places in NJ/PA and NY, and at odd hours. I'd be a lot more comfortable with at least a pistol in my car. But even if I had a MD conceal-carry, it would apply in those other states, right?
    Lately, I've had a few run-ins with some unpleasant folks and have considered just keeping an pocket gun with me anyway. How much trouble could I get into if it was found or used?

Depends... Baltimore is trying to make an example of people who carry guns illegally, so you could get some time.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Absolutely I'd be one of the first people camped out to get my permit. I'd probably take my dad along too!

I would absolutely carry as much of the time as humanly possible, combining trips to places that do not allow carry only if necessary.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    NO, ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Just because you have a permit does not mean that you have reciprocity with other states. Even with a MD permit, it might be necessary to get a VA or FL permit to carry in other states, and even then, NJ and NY are pretty darn near impossible to get permits in, and I'm sure out of state folk really don't gain access to them at all.

nick

Feb 10, 2009
    Linthicum
    I would get one, but that doesn't mean I'd use it. I'd like to have it incase I'd ever need it though.

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    I would, but don't know if I can get three references to agree to put their names down. I'm pretty much the only person in my in-state circle of acquaintances who supports the RKBA.

My two buddies (my true FRIENDS dating back to our USMC days) who signed letters to help me get the Utah permit (back when Utah required two letters of reference) both live in VA.

rstickle

Jul 12, 2008
    Laurel, MD
    I picked "Maybe later", I'd want to wait a month just to make sure it was for real, and I wasn't just making a contribution to the Maryland coffers!

(Trust doesn't come immediately.)

BrianinMd

Feb 16, 2008
    Ellicott City, Maryland
    Yes, I would at least carry some of the time! Just think that if alot of the law abiding citizens did carry how the crime rate would drop and the local governments would start to see their budgets in the Black! Huh? Did I say that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom