If I wanted a Geissele Trigger Which Would Work Best?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mayor_quimby

4+4= Jello
    Nov 19, 2008
    Basic question there are so many variation in triggers I can get for my AR from Geissele I am not sure which would be right

I want something that's good for all around use. Is that even possible?

-Would like to do 3 gun down the road

-I shoot bench most of the time but....

-I want to take a carbine class or two

-Want to be able to use this in an SBR set up as well.

jsnider22

Feb 3, 2012
    Walkersville, MD
    I have an SSA and a SSA-E. The SSA-E is great for benchrest/target shooting but I think it would be too light for carbine class or an SBR. So I'd agree with the above post go with the SSA unless you like a flat trigger and you can do the SD-C.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Maybe I just have really good trigger finger control, but I don't find the SSA-E to be too light for carbine class usage. The SD-3G, OTOH, starts treading in that direction.

HumbleEinstein

May 31, 2012
    Falls Church, VA
    I'm a little torn about this myself. I have an SSA-E in my SPR and I like it A LOT. I've been trying to decide whether to put an SSA or an SSA-E in my lightweight. While I have not had trouble with the SSA-E being too light, I can see how it may become an issue under stress.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Ive been curious about the AR Gold Trigger. Everything I've heard is very positive. Just wish I could try one out before dropping so much cash on it.

mayor_quimby

4+4= Jello
    Nov 19, 2008
    2 Follow up Questions:

-Why not get a G2S instead of an SSA when its cheaper but performance is very similar and is still backed by the company.

-Why not an SDC, his explanation is that it feels like a lighter pull but the operation is similar with pull weight.

hacktracker

Apr 10, 2012
    Lower-Slower
    2 Follow up Questions:

-Why not get a G2S instead of an SSA when its cheaper but performance is very similar and is still backed by the company.

-Why not an SDC, his explanation is that it feels like a lighter pull but the operation is similar with pull weight.

When I purchased my SSA, I didn't even know about the G2S. I'd happily go with that choice, but I think that trigger is a little harder to find.

Terphunter

Jul 25, 2012
    I have been doing a ton of reasearch as well for an aftermarket trigger for my build and for me I am going to try the ssa-e...sounds like an awesome trigger!

buttersnipes

Dec 20, 2011
    Annapolis
    Can't go wrong with the SSA. I have it and it is plenty light for me. One thing to remember is if your pistol and shotgun triggers are heavier, it can be funky to transition while running and gunning in 3-gun especially.

rnish

May 24, 2012
    Warning after you get a Geissele trigger there is no going back. I built my light AR with a stock CMMG LPK. I couldn't live with the trigger, it lasted one trip to the range before I 'had" to swap it out. All of my AR's have SSA's I want them all to feel the same.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    If you are going to do 3-gun you have to get the SD3G or the S3G if you are going the Geissele route. The SSA will not reset fast enough for 3-gun use. I have a stock SSA in one of my carbines and I would not try to use it in a 3-gun match. Reason why both my action shooting rifles have S3G triggers in them. An AT AR-Gold, Wilson Combat 3-Gun, or the JP W/Speedhammer are generally the way to go in 3-gun shooting.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    If you are going to do 3-gun you have to get the SD3G or the S3G if you are going the Geissele route. The SSA will not reset fast enough for 3-gun use. I have a stock SSA in one of my carbines and I would not try to use it in a 3-gun match. Reason why both my action shooting rifles have S3G triggers in them. An AT AR-Gold, Wilson Combat 3-Gun, or the JP W/Speedhammer are generally the way to go in 3-gun shooting.

I'm lost. If the SSA resets fast enough for combat applications, why isn't it fast enough for 3 gun?

Blazin

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2008
    Leonardtown, MD
    For the speed involved with 3-Gun a 2-stage rifle trigger is, not sure how to say this, very sub-optimal for me. Ever try to shoot two shots with a 0.2 sec split at 7 yards with a 2-stage military rifle trigger? Due to the very distinct stage break it's odd, and no, it's not the same thing as blasting two shots at close range with a Glock trigger.

OP: if you feel you will be serious about 3-Gun check out the forums at BrianEnos.com. You will note that most people are running a JP, AR Gold, or the new HiperTouch, which are NOT the traditional military two-stage trigger. Personally I have the Geissele S3G and a few JP's and I REALLY prefer the JP's. The JP trigger is much crisper and has an ultra short reset.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    For the speed involved with 3-Gun a 2-stage rifle trigger is, not sure how to say this, very sub-optimal for me. Ever try to shoot two shots with a 0.2 sec split at 7 yards with a 2-stage military rifle trigger? Due to the very distinct stage break it's odd, and no, it's not the same thing as blasting two shots at close range with a Glock trigger.

OP: if you feel you will be serious about 3-Gun check out the forums at BrianEnos.com. You will note that most people are running a JP, AR Gold, or the new HiperTouch, which are NOT the traditional military two-stage trigger. Personally I have the Geissele S3G and a few JP's and I REALLY prefer the JP's. The JP trigger is much crisper and has an ultra short reset.

If you're talking referring to the M4 trigger when talking about traditional military triggers, they are not two stage. They are single stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    partyboytowsonhigh1956

Latest threads

Top Bottom