• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MonkeyPunch

Feb 23, 2013
    Montgomery County
    The gun laws do not supercede contract law.

Since they require payment in full, I would suspect they need to contact you to determine what to do with the gun.

It isn't theirs, they sold it to you.

Of course, since you can't have it, you are motivated to sell it back to them.

All this, unless they specify other terms upon purchase.

My thoughts were that since you are not allowed to take possession, you lack ownership; therefore there is no consideration under the initial contract (purchase), rendering it void.

And what if you "sell it back" to them? As a "motivated" seller, why couldn't they just offer you $1 for it? After all, it's not like you can pick up the gun and take it somewhere else. To be fair, most dealers will only take a small 10% restocking fee, but then the gun is back up for sale.

I guess you could always transfer/sell it to someone else, but unless you transfer it to family (straw purchase?) then it's not like you'll see the gun again anyways.

For the record - State Statutes can supersede Contract Law: for example, the case of Taurus shipping back new guns (with new #s) in replacement for guns sent in under warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Marty S.

Latest threads

Top Bottom