• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Look for the importer mark somewhere on the barrel r receiver most likely. If you have a import mark then feel free to clean it up with some good oil and some 0000 steel wool. If it doesn't have a import mark, you can sell it to one of the Mosin whores like H2U. :D

I'm definitely still looking for a nice bringback or all matching Chinese Mosin. My only T53 looks unissued. I can never figure out why you guys buy all the beat up examples :D

To the OP, I personally wouldn't touch that rifle with anything more than some oil on the exposed metal. If you use anything on the stock, you stand a good chance to lose that all important dirt and grime that's ground into the wood. If its a bringback, it should look like one (dirt and rust included). You will lose significant value by, "cleaning it up". I've seen more rifles destroyed by people trying to make them look better. Unless its fuzzy with active rust - you don't touch collectible rifles with anything more than a dry cloth and some CLP or oil.

This opinion is from my (a collectors) standpoint. YMMV.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Take some WD-40 and a mild abrasive pad and give it some love.

Better yet, use some Kroil gun oil, a cloth, and some elbow grease and give it some real love. It will take longer, but you are less likely to remove any of the original finish.

Also, I'd check with the person who gifted the rifles to you to see if they happen to have a military bring-back form for the Chinese rifle. It may not seem important to them, or you (right now), but that proof of origin makes a huge difference.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    And when you're done with the mild cleaning, it should look like this. :D

IMG_4069.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member