• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • keepshooting

Aug 22, 2009
    Waldorf
    Hey Guys,

Please examine the next three pictures. I need to identify what firearm this trigger housing goes to. Based on who its from, its likely either for a rifle or an older SMG.

First person who gets it right with some sort of verifiable proof (ie: picture of the gun it goes into, etc.) will get a $25 credit on our website.

triggerhousing1.jpg

triggerhousing2.jpg

triggerhousing3.jpg

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    It looks like it could be from a pump shotgun. It looks like there a place for the bolt release, and it looks like there is a ramp in the forward area to eject the shells downward. Maybe it is for a pump rifle, if a shotgun is unlikely.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Why would he post it in the rifle section if it was a shotgun. Looks similar but I don't think it's the same.

keepshooting

Aug 22, 2009
    Waldorf
    Thanks for the replies so far.

Not really sure what this goes to, but I would be pretty shocked if it was a Mossberg piece, unless someone is starting to make Mossberg clones that haven't hit the market yet. I guess that is certainly possible, but with Mossberg's already being so cheap...why bother making a clone.

Will post when/if we find out what it is, but until then the $25 credit still applies to the first person who nails it.

-BP

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    this is a 835 trigger group but its plastic . It looks the same as yours despite being unfinished metal.

Attachments

• 163788.jpg
      163788.jpg
      5.3 KB · Views: 397

Kinbote

Aug 17, 2010
    I had posted earlier that it was a Mossberg but the other guy beat me to it while I was looking for a picture. That is definitely a Mossberg though, or a clone like the High Standard 9100.

mossberg88_shotgun_DSCN0987.JPG

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    Thanks for the replies so far.

Not really sure what this goes to, but I would be pretty shocked if it was a Mossberg piece, unless someone is starting to make Mossberg clones that haven't hit the market yet. I guess that is certainly possible, but with Mossberg's already being so cheap...why bother making a clone.

Will post when/if we find out what it is, but until then the $25 credit still applies to the first person who nails it.

-BP

Apparently most mossbergs now have plastic trigger housings. It looks like mossberg sells some shotguns with aluminum trigger housings to the gov't. It seems to be reasonable to assume that someone would want to start manufacturing a steel trigger housing to upgrade what some think is one of the most glaring shortcoming of the brand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom