• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Thanks, guys. I should have noticed how small and light it appeared to be. Not at the top of my game right now. Recovering from a broken back, and am in a fair amount of pain.

How about this rifle? A toy as well?

Oh crud! Won't ask how it happened, just pray that you recover completely and quickly.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Actually, they were "Truck, Daddy, Truck" when I woke up going through a tunnel on the PA Turnpike while headed to Conneaut Lake, PA where my great-aunt/uncle had a lake-front home. Unfortunately, for my parents the next five hours were "Truck, Daddy, Truck!!!":party29: They had made a bed in the back seat of the car and we left oh dark thirty after my Dad got off second shift.

Now that I think about it, it was probably this same summer.

Now there's place I'm familiar with! My cousins still have a cabin at Conneaut Lake where my family spent lots of summer days. All my relatives are from the Sharon PA area so it wasn't anywhere near the 5 hr drive you had (approx 45-60 min drive for us).

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Now there's place I'm familiar with! My cousins still have a cabin at Conneaut Lake where my family spent lots of summer days. All my relatives are from the Sharon PA area so it wasn't anywhere near the 5 hr drive you had (approx 45-60 min drive for us).

My great aunt/uncle's place was on the south shore around the bend from Conneaut Lake Park. If you think of the Lake as a boot, with Conneaut being at the toe and the park on the calf, they would have been under the heel. They had an Old wooden Chris Craft, that was to die for....

I wish it was only 5 hours (Google says its a little over 5 now, it was close to 10 on 1960 roads)......we were probably 4-5 hours into the trip when I woke up...left from Glen Burnie MD!! My Grandparents came to Linthicum (the house in the picture) from Pittsburgh (pre-WWII), via Philadelphia (WWII years) in 1953. Grandad was a Westinghouse VP (Comptroller). He was on the team that built the BWI facility.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    My great aunt/uncle's place was on the south shore around the bend from Conneaut Lake Park. If you think of the Lake as a boot, with Conneaut being at the toe and the park on the calf, they would have been under the heel. They had an Old wooden Chris Craft, that was to die for....

I wish it was only 5 hours (Google says its a little over 5 now, it was close to 10 on 1960 roads)......we were probably 4-5 hours into the trip when I woke up...left from Glen Burnie MD!! My Grandparents came to Linthicum (the house in the picture) from Pittsburgh (pre-WWII), via Philadelphia (WWII years) in 1953. Grandad was a Westinghouse VP (Comptroller). He was on the team that built the BWI facility.

My maternal grandfather was a shift manager in the machine shop of Westinghouse in Sharon. Before and after the war they made high voltage transformers. During the war they built torpedoes. The factory is long gone and the site is a brown field due to all the coolant (PCBs) saturated into the soil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom