• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    I'm not tuned in to wheel guns. Can anyone ID the handgun in this old photo that we just discovered?

Attachments

• Kathy_Has_a_Gun.jpg
      Kathy_Has_a_Gun.jpg
      132.6 KB · Views: 667

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Can you clearly see the cylinder release? That would help since Colt is sort of moon shaped and pulls to the rear while S&W pushes forward.

Colt's release is a bit different and would help to narrow it down if you can see it with a glass.

Ironnewt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2012
    Harford County
    Considering how easily the child is holding that revolver, I would think it is a toy strictly by weight alone. It has a SAA "shape" look to it but nowhere near the size

scout6

Sep 28, 2016
    Ceciltucky
    Looks like one single injection molded piece. I know the pic is old and grainy, but I can't see any lines/shadows that would indicate there are separation between pieces. I.E a functioning cylinder.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    A cap gun. I know some folks stuck a SAA Colt in the crib for good luck but that kid's only what, two? A real gun would be heavier in the hand.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    It does vaguely resemble a .32 rimfire I have, but the flat black finish is odd. I'm still going with a toy.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I'd vote toy as well.

Savage made a single shot .22 (Model 101) that looked like a revolver but had a fixed cylinder (complete with molded bullets) that rotated out to accept a single cartridge... it was pretty small, and I thought it might be one of those, but I think it had a bit of a cylinder pin sticking out and I don't see one on this. Cool picture, though.

POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    Age of the photo would be helpful. I had toy and cap guns as a kid and none of them were "blued". They were always chromed. I'll be 60 next year.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Looks like one single injection molded piece. I know the pic is old and grainy, but I can't see any lines/shadows that would indicate there are separation between pieces. I.E a functioning cylinder.

I had the exact same thought. The frame above the cylinder is way things and there doesn't appear to be any gap. Looks like a solid gun-shaped hunk of plastic.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Thanks, guys. I should have noticed how small and light it appeared to be. Not at the top of my game right now. Recovering from a broken back, and am in a fair amount of pain.

How about this rifle? A toy as well?

Attachments

• 4460 img 006.jpg
      4460 img 006.jpg
      110.6 KB · Views: 444

POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    Thanks, guys. I should have noticed how small and light it appeared to be. Not at the top of my game right now. Recovering from a broken back, and am in a fair amount of pain.

How about this rifle? A toy as well?

As I asked before. What is the year of the photo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom