• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    My co worker said the same thing. No, do you think I should invest in one?

Yes definitely!! most are relatively quiet..a little loud..but not as bad as a rifle...and spot on for accuracy and deadly! Plus its something the whole family can shoot! Prices range from around $300-$1000+ its all on how much you want to spend. but a good mid range is $300-500 range. Our crossbow is a Parker Bushwacker...its killed around 7 deer confirmed! and on the 3rd season.

SHOTTAS

Sep 29, 2012
    Waldorf, MD
    OK I'm going to look into that for Christmas. I didn't know they are that powerful. I like the fact that the kids will be able to enjoy it also

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    OK I'm going to look into that for Christmas. I didn't know they are that powerful. I like the fact that the kids will be able to enjoy it also

yeah make sure you complete hunters ed if you haven't already...it will prob be tough for them to get into a class this late in the season. As for people 17+ you can take the Texas 100% online hunters ed course...which transfers to any state. Good luck!

MDHunter

Ultimate Member
    Mar 12, 2007
    Free America
    yeah make sure you complete hunters ed if you haven't already...it will prob be tough for them to get into a class this late in the season. As for people 17+ you can take the Texas 100% online hunters ed course...which transfers to any state. Good luck!

If you didn't mind a drive one Sunday morning, I could meet you somewhere between us (NoVa?). I have about 40 pounds of burger and 10-15 pounds of steaks left from a buck I shot with my bow last fall. Had the meat vacuum sealed when I had it processed, so it's still good, just hard for me to eat it all as a single guy.

SHOTTAS

Sep 29, 2012
    Waldorf, MD
    OK great I can meet you this sunday morning. I work off seminary road in alexandria. I can meet you any time you are available in the morning.

SHOTTAS

Sep 29, 2012
    Waldorf, MD
    Just passed the TX online course for $18:party29: Then paid for the license through DNR site and I am good to go :) Thanks for pointing me in the right direction

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Just passed the TX online course for $18:party29: Then paid for the license through DNR site and I am good to go :) Thanks for pointing me in the right direction

just remember...no matter what your first deer is...its a trophy whether its a DOE, spike, button buck or huge 10 point. Don't pass up something you might think you will regret later. Good luck!

SHOTTAS

Sep 29, 2012
    Waldorf, MD
    Bump!!!! Anybody have any fresh kills let me know. I will pay the processing fee. Or if you have any meat to spare I will be gladly thankful. text me 202-999-8050 Evans

SHOTTAS

Sep 29, 2012
    Waldorf, MD
    No luck. The deer come in the evening mostly around 7ish. Do It's pitch black outside. I have even went out to a farm in Charlotte hall that a buddy of mine invited me to. Just a lot of small baby deer out there.

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    Funny you say small baby deer, I passed on a whole bunch of
    small does.
    Maybe that means next year will be better, bigger does!

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Shottas, put a fresh salt block out there in sept to start attracting them in, then start the deer corn a few weeks before you plan to hunt. Unless you are going for early archery, then start everything in early august.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    No luck. The deer come in the evening mostly around 7ish. Do It's pitch black outside. I have even went out to a farm in Charlotte hall that a buddy of mine invited me to. Just a lot of small baby deer out there.

What times have you sat out there? they may be coming in early in the am? Id try to get out there 1.5-2 hours before dark...little ones eat just as good as the big ones. You may be scaring them out when you walk in...

SHOTTAS

Sep 29, 2012
    Waldorf, MD
    I was going out there around 5 am. I think I do prolly scare them away. I always hear movement out there when i am walking into the woods. Its pitch black out there. I will do better next season by putting salt blocks out there in advance.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I was going out there around 5 am. I think I do prolly scare them away. I always hear movement out there when i am walking into the woods. Its pitch black out there. I will do better next season by putting salt blocks out there in advance.

Theres still time...did you put out corn? Id go in the afternoon...its never over till the last day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom