• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RobbieDigital

Dec 29, 2016
    I recently bought a new Gen4 G21. I am not a fan of the heavy, rough trigger.

I have a shot a friends G19 with Apex trigger and Zev springs and it was amazing.

I want to do something similar on my G21. Im confused however with the kits I see online. Im trying to buy on EBay because I want to use paypal for the purchase

Would I need to buy the full fulcrum trigger kit and then also need to buy the other spring kit? Can anyone link me something that they think would be the best purchase?

Thanks

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Apex doesn't have trigger/bar assemblies for 10/45 models, only trigger shoes, so probably best off looking for the Zev kit if you want a drop-in setup. If you love the Apex trigger shape, then you can polish up the stock bar, get a trigger spring, plunger spring(if not carrying it), and possibly a connector if you wish, get a Apex trigger shoe and Safety plunger, then put it together. Main thing to avoid is lighter striker springs, and connectors usually trade creep for pull weight. Smoothing it out usually comes from a radiused/polished safety plunger and stoned/polished bar. Trying to stick to Ebay for everything might make it tough to gather all the pieces if you don't go for a full kit.

Tracker

Aug 21, 2011
    Anne Arundel County
    I'm with you I hate stock Glock triggers. I just put an Apex trigger on my G20 last night. Because as alucard0822 stated Apex doesn't make a trigger with trigger bar for g20/21 I ordered a stock one from Brownells ($13.99) and the Apex trigger shoe. You then have to punch out the pin holding the shoe to the bar (which destroys the shoe) then press on the Apex shoe in its place. You will need a vice to press on the new shoe. A pin punch wont do. There is a vid on the Apex website showing how to do it. By the way when I emailed Apex to say I couldnt find the trigger w/bar on their site this is how they suggested I do it. As for the springs I didn't bother. I used an Apex trigger in a P80 build with everything else stock Glock parts and after 200 rounds it smoothed out perfectly.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I had a new trigger put in a Glock 30s , I hated the factory serrated trigger after 100 rounds my finger was red . Since I went smooth I have not noticed finger pain and soreness .

My friend is a gunsmith and we traded favors .

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I had a new trigger put in a Glock 30s , I hated the factory serrated trigger after 100 rounds my finger was red . Since I went smooth I have not noticed finger pain and soreness .

My friend is a gunsmith and we traded favors .

Same, I HATE the serrated triggers, swapped dozens, 4 in my own compact GLOCKs 00357 for 9/40, 04417 for 45/10 gen 1-4. Best $15 you can spend, polish it up, clean the rough edges with a stone, just break the edge and polish the safety button, and the pull is a lb or two lighter and really smooth. I add an XP trigger spring to get a more distinct 2 stage feel by reducing the takeup stage weight, add a polished "." 4th gen connector to older models, IMO it's the sweet spot between pull weight and creep, the "-" connectors and most aftermarket are maybe a lb lighter, but really mushy, big difference is factory connectors tend to reset cleaner. Thats as far as I go trigger wise being I carry them, but it's cheap and reliable while netting a smooth crisp pull with an appropriate weight. Have done Zevs, Apex and Agency, all are good, but expensive for what they are. Adjustable triggers can feel awesome, but some can bypass passive safeties, or can be unreliable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Marty S.

Latest threads

Top Bottom