• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 28, 2013
    So I’m thinking that it would be nice to have an AR 15 type rifle. I know the various HBAR’s rifles are ok in .MD, but my friend just purchased a S&W MP 15 Sport in 5.56. This was bought in Md. It was not stamped HBAR. Is this rifle legal?

Tell him to trade it for a Colt A3. Can't go wrong with the genuine article, and it's totally legal too. :)

fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011
    On the bright side, M&P15 Sport is a turd in the AR-15 spectrum of rifles.

Really? Most who have one think they are pretty good shooters especially if you got an early one with the 1/8 twist 5R barrel.

Not everyone has the $$ for an LWRC or Daniel Def or even a Colt. The Sport is a perfectly serviceable rifle. This is coming from a combat arms vet.

Feb 28, 2013
    Really? Most who have one think they are pretty good shooters especially if you got an early one with the 1/8 twist 5R barrel.

Not everyone has the $$ for an LWRC or Daniel Def or even a Colt. The Sport is a perfectly serviceable rifle. This is coming from a combat arms vet.

Even a Windham beats the hell out of one of those M&P's.

They can't even be bothered to put dust covers on 'em.

eos40b

Senile Member
    having just got my first AR from Engage then I cannot speak highly enough of them. Nate took his time and answered all my questions

Attachments

• IMG_3497.jpg
      IMG_3497.jpg
      66.8 KB · Views: 111

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    having just got my first AR from Engage then I cannot speak highly enough of them. Nate took his time and answered all my questions

If you had posted that picture without the gun I'm pretty sure I could have guessed who you were! Glad you're liking the rifle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Drake1990$

Latest threads

Top Bottom