• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ~Trigger~

Sep 6, 2010
    AZ Transplant
    Then I just read the gun laws for Md, and MoCo.

Because it seems I'll be looking at buying an 1860 Army ball n cap revolver here in the near future. Since by law, it is not considered to be a "handgun."

Brilliant :sad20:

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    You can also have them mailed right to your home since they aren't handguns, along with a nice new conversion cylinder allowing you to shoot cartridges. I can see it now..."close the cap & ball loophole" will be the new slogan for the gun banning idiots if they are ever able to ban private gun sales(AKA close the "gun show loophole").

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    You know the more this is out there and able to be searched. The more possiblity that the gun will become regulated... we could be our own worst enemy on this one.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Well, Federal law classifies BP this way, not just MD.

I will point out the interesting way BP handguns are treated in NY State. In NY you need a county issued pistol permit to own, buy or possess a handgun HOWEVER you may buy and own a black powder handgun with no permit as long as you do not own or possess two of the following three items- powder, caps or balls. The minute you buy the items needed to load and fire a BP revolver, you have to put it on a permit.

Since MD doesn't have a permit system, that would make things more difficult for the state.

~Trigger~

Sep 6, 2010
    AZ Transplant
    Well, Federal law classifies BP this way, not just MD.

I will point out the interesting way BP handguns are treated in NY State. In NY you need a county issued pistol permit to own, buy or possess a handgun HOWEVER you may buy and own a black powder handgun with no permit as long as you do not own or possess two of the following three items- powder, caps or balls. The minute you buy the items needed to load and fire a BP revolver, you have to put it on a permit.

Since MD doesn't have a permit system, that would make things more difficult for the state.

Wow thats almost funnier. Kinda makes me miss Arizona. In Arizona you could own and carry whatever you wanted, however you want, and whenever you wanted. Sans class-3.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    You know the more this is out there and able to be searched. The more possiblity that the gun will become regulated... we could be our own worst enemy on this one.

I'd like to see them try to regulate BP guns because they are "evil black powder assault guns of death that killed countless Americans during the Civil War". It really wouldn't surprise me if they tried(especially if some turd like Bloomberg buys the Whitehouse).

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    NY's permit system is flawed, but if you get a permit that is unrestricted, it basically is an unrestricted carry permit. Bars do not have signs saying no CCW because the way the law is written. You can carry anywhere except for Federal buildings, schools and courts. Shop owners can't tell you no carry here.

When dad had his surgery, I visited with my .38 on my belt. A lot of places with good carry laws also have rules on where you can't carry.

It does help make up for the garbage there.

~Trigger~

Sep 6, 2010
    AZ Transplant
    NY's permit system is flawed, but if you get a permit that is unrestricted, it basically is an unrestricted carry permit. Bars do not have signs saying no CCW because the way the law is written. You can carry anywhere except for Federal buildings, schools and courts. Shop owners can't tell you no carry here.

When dad had his surgery, I visited with my .38 on my belt. A lot of places with good carry laws also have rules on where you can't carry.

It does help make up for the garbage there.

Hey well thats cool, its nice to see some state legislators have to some degree, a recognizable amount of intelligence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom