• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wahama90

They had a whole box full of metal 20 rnd AR mags. They will not last long as they were only $30. They also finally have some of the beat up Mosins out on the floor in "the barrel" for $220, everyone try to remain calm and line up in an orderly fashion. There was also some Tula 7.62x39, but I was afraid to ask how much it was.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    They had a whole box full of metal 20 rnd AR mags. They will not last long as they were only $30. They also finally have some of the beat up Mosins out on the floor in "the barrel" for $220, everyone try to remain calm and line up in an orderly fashion. There was also some Tula 7.62x39, but I was afraid to ask how much it was.

At those prices...they'll rust if it was up to me. I did get your sarcasm though.:D

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Big Dog in King George VA had 30 round P-Mags for $25 and aluminum mags with P-Mag followers for $20, also 30 rounds. I think I will do the drive over the bridge.

I was there today. they had sr25 (AR 308) mags for $49.00

SolomonsCommune

Tomato Grower
    Mar 28, 2013
    Calvert County
    I was in Tackle Box about a month ago. I wanted to really get a good look at what was behind the display case, but I felt a bit weird with the heavy set young man that worked there, who was behind the counter dry firing pistols in my general direction. He kept pulling pistols out of the display, pointed them right in front or behind me (which becomes right at me as I'm walking around looking) and pulling the trigger. I know he checked the guns before playing with them but lets get real, that's just unprofessional right there and as far as I'm concerned not safe. I wouldn't buy a cricket at that place now...

eta the place I was talking about. Don't want to give anywhere else a bad rep.

iggy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 26, 2013
    I was in there about a month ago. I wanted to really get a good look at what was behind the display case, but I felt a bit weird with the heavy set young man that worked there, who was behind the counter dry firing pistols in my general direction. He kept pulling pistols out of the display, pointed them right in front or behind me (which becomes right at me as I'm walking around looking) and pulling the trigger. I know he checked the guns before playing with them but lets get real, that's just unprofessional right there and as far as I'm concerned not safe. I wouldn't buy a cricket at that place now...

My wife had taken the MD online training before we went shopping for her gun. I told her to expect all of the rules about pointing in a safe direction to be ignored in a gun shop. For some reason employees and customers alike wave them around with little regard almost everywhere. She wasnt disappointed. The first place we went they pulled a rack of 9mm's all pointed right at us. Then they took them off the rack laying them on the counter pointed at our guts. Then there were the customers.....

SolomonsCommune

Tomato Grower
    Mar 28, 2013
    Calvert County
    I understand that a gun is going to be pointed at me at some point during shopping for one. I just don't expect to be the only customer (literally the only customer there looking at guns) walking by the display case with some young kid pointing a pistol at me and making sounds when he's pulling the trigger.

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    I understand that a gun is going to be pointed at me at some point during shopping for one. I just don't expect to be the only customer (literally the only customer there looking at guns) walking by the display case with some young kid pointing a pistol at me and making sounds when he's pulling the trigger.

That is SO not right.:sad20:

Rewind

SLSC Member
    Aug 25, 2012
    Southern Calvert

And that's when you calmly call the manager over and explain they are responsible for giving employees basic gun safety education if they are put in the position of handling guns -especially in front of customers. Hey, don't we have a law for that yet! :innocent0

Feb 28, 2013
    That's just stupid. Very bad manners if you ask me. Whenever I try a gun for fit I try aim it into the air, as in above peoples' heads, just so they don't feel uncomfortable.

lefever2

Status Unknown
    Jun 19, 2012
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    stupidity

That's just stupid. Very bad manners if you ask me. Whenever I try a gun for fit I try aim it into the air, as in above peoples' heads, just so they don't feel uncomfortable.

A good reason not to visit the Tackle Box

“Stupidity cannot be cured with money money, or through education, or by legislation. Stupidity is not a sin, the victim can't help being stupid. But stupidity is the only universal capital crime; the sentence is death, there is no appeal, and execution is carried out automatically and without pity.”

― Robert Heinlein Lazarus Long

Jul 1, 2012
    I've been in the Tackle Box a lot over the past 2 years and never witnessed the worker bees doing this kind of stuff, but have seen customers waving guns around willy-nilly and dry-firing. Most of the time I'm in there the "regular" crew are behind the counter and have always been courteous and professional. Don't hate on me, I'm not defending the shop, just stating what I've personally seen and experienced. Maybe I'm just the exception that proves the rule.

The kid pulling the aforementioned crap should have been summarily beaten about the head and shoulders at the very least, no question. If I was king he would have been fired on the spot. I'm sure Ken would have reamed him a new one if he knew about it. Ignorance is curable but stupid lasts forever...

"Tackle Box is for the uninformed." In general yes, their prices are higher than just about anywhere else in the area. However, they do get some interesting older firearms and if you are on the ball, a good deal can sometimes be had. Happens once in a blue moon, but I've picked up a few WWI and earlier pistols for very good prices. The remote possibility is enough to keep me going back to check every so often. Of course waiting 10 weeks to get it puts a damper on the whole experience, especially given the legendary security at the shop.

Glock30Eric

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 4, 2013
    I won't buy anything from Tackle box ever again. They damaged the night sights when they installed on my Glock. Their prices are too high.

TwinTurboDiesel

Hellbilly Punk
    May 21, 2012
    Bel Air, MD
    Went to Solomons Island fishing and decided to stop by.

They had:

Eley 22lr 50ct box for $26
    DE .50 no price
    R1 standard $1100
    MKA 1919 $875 and $100 for the ten rd mag.
    A polytech AK for above $2500.
    4 or 5 WASR's for $850.
    20rd AR mags for $30

They had a lot of shotgun ammo not too much on the rifle side though.

My thoughts are they are way too expensive.

No intention of going back.

:shrug

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I agree they are way to high, however I do keep checking to see what they have when I am down that way. Never know they may have a deal I can not pass up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom