• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Had some time today and took an overdue trip to the range. Headed to Horst and Mccan (I know some of you don't like them but I have not had any issues) with my old 4013 and 4566 in tow. Wanted to give them a run since they are my two "most used" ones.

Started with my 4013. Its an old gun with some wear and tear I got used from GB, but it shoots straight and is very comfortable. Don't really care about the whole 40 vs whatever, I shoot this one well and am confident with it. Shot about 100 rounds through it, actually had a few failures, never happened before, was using WWB TMJ and did see some issues with the casings. 4013 shoot well as always, all in the X at 7 yards and all in the 9 and in but one at 15 yards.

Went to my 4566 and was reminded why I love this pistol. Shoots so smooth and even more accurate. Wish it was not as heavy or it would be carried more often. I actually took a pic of this one:
    IMG01.jpg

Center mass at 7 yards head shots at 15 yards. 25 rounds in each.

Went back to the 40 and man it felt different after the 45. Recoil is all relative.

Might send the 4013 out to smith and wesson for a checkup, it is an old guy and did feel a bit funny today. Got a new click about halfway through the trigger pull, but still shoots fine.

While I was there and feeling frisky I tried out the Mossberg 500 12 gauge. Haven't shot a shotgun in ages, forgot the kick they had. Made that "big" 45 feel like a friggin spitball. Glad I tried it out as I am thinking about getting one, maybe..............

Came home and remembered why I don't shoot often, the cleaning began :sad20:
    TD

PGTMG

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2010
    I had a 4586 once sorry to say I let it get away.

Nice shooting

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    Hey, no pics of the gun? :(

BTW...

Clandestine is sort of a young guy, right? Would he be considered a 3rd generation or a 4th generation Smith?

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    IMG_3844.jpg

4013 and an older target
    IMG_2802.jpg

4566 and an older target

Ive been told I shoot "old man" guns. Usually from the guys next to me who get really quiet once the rounds start to fly and we compare targets. :-)

TD

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    IMG_3844.jpg

4013 and an older target
    IMG_2802.jpg

4566 and an older target

Ive been told I shoot "old man" guns. Usually from the guys next to me who get really quiet once the rounds start to fly and we compare targets. :-)

TD

Nice shootin'. :thumbsup:

"Old Man Guns" have their place. That's why my .357 goes with me to the range every trip.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    great shooting....what distance did you shoot at the small sillouette??

about 7 yards. I do a lot of practice at 7-10 yards. I believe that is the distance most things will need to happen if they need to happen. That little guy was just for fun.

Thanks for the kind words.
    TD

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    about 7 yards. I do a lot of practice at 7-10 yards. I believe that is the distance most things will need to happen if they need to happen. That little guy was just for fun.

Thanks for the kind words.
    TD

You practice in a manner similar to mine. I figure any further than 15 yards, I'm just gonna turn and run away. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom