• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EVOIXGSR

Straight Baller Status
    Mar 13, 2008
    Baltimore Co.
    Saw it on the SKS forum, and I should ask them, but I'd like to see if our community has the expertise to make my numbers matching yugo look like this sexy mamma.

P.S. knowing what little I know about SKSs, looks like some type of black synthetic monte carlo stock, with a composite gas pin cover, and the bcg is polished. As far as whats going on in the front with teh modified gas block and is that a mini suppressor?

Attachments

• beater1.jpg
      beater1.jpg
      25 KB · Views: 172

MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia
    You could always buy that bubba-ed SKS at the shop....the one with the big scope and bipod....the one I always laugh at and say my neighbors would faint if they saw it...

Nah, I'll stick with my AR's and my er................................AK's. But the fact that I own a single AK, let alone more than one, stays between us.:innocent0

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Nah, I'll stick with my AR's and my er................................AK's. But the fact that I own a single AK, let alone more than one, stays between us.:innocent0

Uh, sure.....but, you do know, that you, uh.....posted that publicly.......:innocent0

I mean, I'm not one to judge.....

Scott's Gunsmithing

Mar 21, 2010
    Glen Burnie, MD
    SKS's dont always work with aftermarket stocks, and magazines.

That Gas block has bondo and paint on it, and those dust covers dont hold a zero for optics. Unless the gas port was opened its likely it dosent cycle either, just chopping the barrel is a recipe for malfunctions, especially on a YUGO

A Scout Scopes mount or a Choate is the only 2 good ways to mount optics.

MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia
    Yeah, but you have a good heart. Makes the stupidity forgiveable.

:o, I'm blushing.....................................thanks pal!

SKS's dont always work with aftermarket stocks, and magazines.

That Gas block has bondo and paint on it, and those dust covers dont hold a zero for optics. Unless the gas port was opened its likely it dosent cycle either, just chopping the barrel is a recipe for malfunctions, especially on a YUGO

A Scout Scopes mount or a Choate is the only 2 good ways to mount optics.

Cool, I don't feel bad now

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Meet Bubba, my SKS. I am protecting the original stock and parts... so don't hate. It has all the compliance parts for 922(r), and yes, I will agree that the scope mount does not hold zero unless extremely tight (mine did, but I was LUCKY.)

Mark

Attachments

• DSCN0508.jpg
      DSCN0508.jpg
      29.4 KB · Views: 133

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    If you have a numbers-matching Yugo kinda seems a shame to mess with it like that. The poly stock is easy to replace... maybe also look at a red Chinese bakelite stock. The grenade sight is held on by a pin, and easy to punch out and remove.

The bayo is the only part I really wouldn't want to take off, since the screw is staked on and you have the lug left which you'd have to permanently remove to look like the one in your shot. They shortened the barrel, which can cause gas problems, I wouldn't mess with that. TAPCO makes a cheap compensator to replace the grenade launcher, looks the same (and just as long) but with holes.

Also the aftermarket mags don't always feed well. If you want to use hi-cap mags, I'd buy a Chinese model made to use standard AK mags and use that to start with instead of the Yugo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom