• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Bumping, because it is a classic.

He was on a facebook gun page the other day trying to sell slugs again. I asked if they were 3% antimony:lol2: .He was quick to reply and was completely serious that he found the use of antimony made his slugs to soft. He's still an idiot:sad20: and had no idea I was screwing with him.

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    A lead bar which is 3% antimony has about 15.5 ounces of lead, and about .5 ounces of antimony.

If you melt that in a pot with 2 more bars (32 ounces) of pure lead your mix now has 47.5 ounces of lead and just that same .5 ounces of antimony.

In other words, your final mix is 1% antimony.

It's still fine, as your mushrooms are what you want them to be. But, you're getting that result at 1%, not 3%.

As I CPA I approve your math. +1

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    He was on a facebook gun page the other day trying to sell slugs again. I asked if they were 3% antimony:lol2: .He was quick to reply and was completely serious that he found the use of antimony made his slugs to soft. He's still an idiot:sad20: and had no idea I was screwing with him.
    Invite me to the group. I need the hilarity.

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    Never saw this thread until last week. Read through it at work during down time. I was literally laughing out loud, and people kept saying what's so funny lol..

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    I sometimes wonder - was anybody ever able to sit down with him, and make him see the light? I've never seen anyone stubbornly stick by a basic mistake like that - especially when everyone else is explaining precisely why you're wrong and showing you the correct answer in unmistakably clear terms.

I honestly think at some point in school, he completely misinterpreted what percentages are, and his teachers never caught (or just failed to correct) his misconception.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    It's the same sort of mathematics that gives us memes like this....

powerball-lottery-re-size.jpg

Minuteman

BANNED!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom