• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • akkiller

live free or die
    Jan 10, 2011
    walkersville
    I just picked up a mossberg 930 tactical and I would like to pick up a pistol grip stock for it as of yet I can only find the (choate pistol grip stock) and I don't think any other stock available right now for it . I know Mesa Tactical is working the Urbino stock that is sweet and what I'm looking for but no one is sure when it will be available in may (MAYBE). So with all that being said I would like to know if anyone has research on fitting a stock made for a different semi auto shotgun I have seen different post that guys have put the speedfeed IV for a rem. 870 but it's large gap between the pistol grip and the trigger guard big enough to fit a finger into. If any one can help me out with this it would be a big help. I would love to see pics if you could post your mossberg 930,930 spx or 935 with a pistol grip installed other than the Choate thank you for any help you can give me.

Hear is a link for the Meas tactical Urbino stock http://www.harristacticalonline.com...-for-Mossberg-930-est-May-MT-930-URB-MOSS.htm

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I just picked up a mossberg 930 tactical and I would like to pick up a pistol grip stock for it as of yet I can only find the (choate pistol grip stock) and I don't think any other stock available right now for it . I know Mesa Tactical is working the Urbino stock that is sweet and what I'm looking for but no one is sure when it will be available in may (MAYBE). So with all that being said I would like to know if anyone has research on fitting a stock made for a different semi auto shotgun I have seen different post that guys have put the speedfeed IV for a rem. 870 but it's large gap between the pistol grip and the trigger guard big enough to fit a finger into. If any one can help me out with this it would be a big help. I would love to see pics if you could post your mossberg 930,930 spx or 935 with a pistol grip installed other than the Choate thank you for any help you can give me.

Hear is a link for the Meas tactical Urbino stock http://www.harristacticalonline.com...-for-Mossberg-930-est-May-MT-930-URB-MOSS.htm
    Any particular reason you want a pistol grip stock? Just wondering as I fooled around with this on some shotguns myself. I used to have an 870 with a Mesa conversion I used at some shotgun sidematches. Some of the other shooters told me that a regular stock shoots faster than a pistol grip stock. I ended up with a 930 JMPro for shooting 3 gun and I now believe what they said is true. Also with the 930 you can't reach the safety from your shooting position because it is on top of the rear of the receiver as opposed to the trigger guard of some shotguns and most rifles. A lot harder to shoot the shotgun from the waist in an emergency with a pistol grip as opposed to a normal grip. I also have a 930 HD. Other than extending the mag tube I have left it alone.

Independence

long member
    Jul 16, 2008
    Nottingham
    Any particular reason you want a pistol grip stock? Just wondering as I fooled around with this on some shotguns myself. I used to have an 870 with a Mesa conversion I used at some shotgun sidematches. Some of the other shooters told me that a regular stock shoots faster than a pistol grip stock. I ended up with a 930 JMPro for shooting 3 gun and I now believe what they said is true. Also with the 930 you can't reach the safety from your shooting position because it is on top of the rear of the receiver as opposed to the trigger guard of some shotguns and most rifles. A lot harder to shoot the shotgun from the waist in an emergency with a pistol grip as opposed to a normal grip. I also have a 930 HD. Other than extending the mag tube I have left it alone.

You're thinking pistol grip only.

akkiller

live free or die
    Jan 10, 2011
    walkersville
    I found that is just the type if grip I like I had a benelli m2 for about 7 years and I like the way it feels in my hand but not rely any outher reason than that allso to give it a diff. look to thank you for the help.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    You're thinking pistol grip only.
    No the Mesa conversion also includes the adapter for an AR stock and I had a couple of spares around. What I found after selling the 870 and getting a couple of 930s is that from high, low, and port arms ready positions a conventional stock is faster to engage the first target than an AR type stock arrangement, even though I liked the AR stock setup. Its one of those things that is hard to explain until you have tried it both ways in competition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom