• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trekker

Oct 20, 2011
    Harford County
    I thought this model was out of production...maybe not?

Even if the model is out of production, Lee may simply replace it with an in-production model. The product support provided by manufacturers in the reloading industry is incredible, and there are other cases when the manufacturer finds it easier to provide a replacement product rather than bother with repairs.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Even if the model is out of production, Lee may simply replace it with an in-production model. The product support provided by manufacturers in the reloading industry is incredible, and there are other cases when the manufacturer finds it easier to provide a replacement product rather than bother with repairs.

The presses probably aren't the big money maker for them, the accessories probably are. I'm sure they are more than happy to give you the press, since you will buy all the other stuff you need for it.

The press is out of production. The best they will do is sell me a 4 hole for 50% of the MSRP. That would also mean buying 4 hole turrets at half of MSRP. I found a guy that was selling new in the box Lee 3 hole presses for less money than I would have spent replacing it with the 4 hole. The rep was a bit condescending and I don't like the idea that they charge half of MSRP which makes the press only a few bucks less than what big box outdoor stores charge once shipping is added. I got the 3 hole for $109 with a new set of .223 dies thrown in for "free" (gave those to a friend who was just getting in to reloading) I guess in the big picture it's not that big of a deal. I bought the press in 1984 and have reloaded upwards of 50,000 rounds over the years with it. nothing lasts forever...

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    The press is out of production. The best they will do is sell me a 4 hole for 50% of the MSRP. That would also mean buying 4 hole turrets at half of MSRP. I found a guy that was selling new in the box Lee 3 hole presses for less money than I would have spent replacing it with the 4 hole. The rep was a bit condescending and I don't like the idea that they charge half of MSRP which makes the press only a few bucks less than what big box outdoor stores charge once shipping is added. I got the 3 hole for $109 with a new set of .223 dies thrown in for "free" (gave those to a friend who was just getting in to reloading) I guess in the big picture it's not that big of a deal. I bought the press in 1984 and have reloaded upwards of 50,000 rounds over the years with it. nothing lasts forever...

Sounds like the old press does not owe you a dime. :lol2:

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life

Maybe not, but, Dillon has a "Lifetime No B.S. Warranty".

As for lasting forever, I've got an RCBS RockChucker that's been running strong for 40+ years, and a MEC 600 Jr. (not a MKV) that's waaaaaaaay older than that.

That isn't 'forever', but, sofar I'm good-to-go.

Well there is one thing I have taken away from this experience...Lee will not honor their warranty...I realize that my press is old and the warranty expired long ago...and they claim my press is out of production...But I can still find them online brand new...and they haven't been out of production very long...So I asked the rep if they would honor their warranty (2 years) if I bought one and it broke inside the warranty period....her response was that the press was discontinued and the warranty does not apply, even if the press is new...I'm done with them...been using their stuff nearly exclusively for over 30 years..no more..

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Well there is one thing I have taken away from this experience...Lee will not honor their warranty...I realize that my press is old and the warranty expired long ago...and they claim my press is out of production...But I can still find them online brand new...and they haven't been out of production very long...So I asked the rep if they would honor their warranty (2 years) if I bought one and it broke inside the warranty period....her response was that the press was discontinued and the warranty does not apply, even if the press is new...I'm done with them...been using their stuff nearly exclusively for over 30 years..no more..

Might be time to go drink the Blue Kool-Aid...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom