• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • doug38s

BIGELOW
    Mar 28, 2012
    Sharpsburg
    I've been slowly moving into politics and becoming more active over the last couple of years. Recently I have been a part of the Washington County Republican Central Committee. I decided a couple of weeks back that I would throw my hat into the ring to go after the County Clerks position. Very reputable man that holds the seat now, he has been in office for 28 years and is a democrat. He has run unopposed for the last 10 years IIRC.

I hope as I travel the county and visiting towns I come across many of you. If I do make sure you tell me you saw this post on the Shooters board. I always like meeting other people from the various chat boards.

If you have a second to spare and would like to keep up with what I am doing as I am going on this journey stop by my facebook page and say hello.

https://www.facebook.com/douglasbigelowforclerk

I'm looking forward to meeting you.

oupa

Apr 6, 2011
    Just curious. I've lived here all my life and honestly, cannot remember who the last Clerk (before Todd) was. It's going to be extremely difficult to unseat such an entrenched and non-controversial incumbent. :poke:

Any particular reason why Clerk of Court?:popcorn:

doug38s

BIGELOW
    Mar 28, 2012
    Sharpsburg
    Dennis Weaver is the clerk of the court.

I am passionate about real estate and the land records process. I currently own a real estate settlement company. I have a great desire to serve my common citizen. Meshing the two together the clerks position is a perfect fit.

oupa

Apr 6, 2011
    Dennis Weaver is the clerk of the court.

I am passionate about real estate and the land records process. I currently own a real estate settlement company. I have a great desire to serve my common citizen. Meshing the two together the clerks position is a perfect fit.

LOL!!!!!:banghead::facepalm: Yup. No offense, kind'a makes my point though. I've dealt with Dennis Weaver and Todd Hershey for decades and still get them confused:o. Most voters are in the same boat. They'll pull the lever beside the name they recognize without knowing ANYTHING else about the person.

Not a particularly "high profile" office. ;) Good luck just the same!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom