I hope Dicks Sporting goods goes bankrupt!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Juche90

May 10, 2014
    I’m thinking it’s less ideological and more about jettisoning an unprofitable segment of their business at an opportune time. Read somewhere that losses in firearms business was driving down overall earnings (from the last time they pulled this stunt). They are simply not letting a good crisis go to waste, and who wants to do business with an organization like that. Good riddance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I’m thinking it’s less ideological and more about jettisoning an unprofitable segment of their business at an opportune time. Read somewhere that losses in firearms business was driving down overall earnings (from the last time they pulled this stunt). They are simply not letting a good crisis go to waste, and who wants to do business with an organization like that. Good riddance.

I would agree with that if they just did it without issuing press releases and having the CEO go on a "look at us" tour of the MSM.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    I would like to see an 18 year old file a civil rights lawsuit against them, you know similar to how some go after bakeries who refuse to bake them a wedding cake or the anti do to manufacturers.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    DXI5lYLU8AE6fty.jpg

So I guess they never sold a baseball bat to anyone who bashed someone in the head with it or sneakers that someone robbed a kid for.

Juche90

May 10, 2014
    I would agree with that if they just did it without issuing press releases and having the CEO go on a "look at us" tour of the MSM.

He’s trying to boost sagging sales and foot traffic by appearing to take the “moral high ground”. It’s pretty disgusting, really.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    FNC: Caught the tail end of it, but it sounds like Wal-Mart is raising the age to buy a long gun to 21 too.

BGOS: Not just for Maryland anymore.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    Walmart is going to be harder for people to avoid because of how massive they are. They sell a lot of things and are the only option for many folks. Dick's is pretty easy to skip.

lostsole

Feb 28, 2011
    North West Balto Co
    Boycotting will take some time to see the impact. I was getting their emails and just unsubscribed, which gives you a quick survey on why you are leaving. I am pretty sure they watch website stats and if everyone unsubscirbed (subscribe if you are not on the list) and puts in reason other that you are unhappy with their stance on firearms, they would get the message faster.

I don't think it will do much but this is another way to be heard.

rooster

Rebel looking for a cause
    Aug 1, 2010
    Eldersburg, MD
    What is an "Assault Weapon"? What is a "standard Capacity Magazine"? What are they talking about?

Is my Ruger PC9 an assault weapon? I can put 20rnd mags in it. Does that make it assault worthy?

Is my Glock 17 as assault weapon? It can carry a 33rnd mag. Does that make it assault worthy?

What are they talking about?

J-Dog

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    Boycotting will take some time to see the impact. I was getting their emails and just unsubscribed, which gives you a quick survey on why you are leaving. I am pretty sure they watch website stats and if everyone unsubscirbed (subscribe if you are not on the list) and puts in reason other that you are unhappy with their stance on firearms, they would get the message faster.

I don't think it will do much but this is another way to be heard.

I did exactly this.

Reason for unsubscribing:
    Other: Recent policy changes regarding firearm purchase age and no longer stocking semiautomatic rifles.

And, being someone who works in email marketing, I can assure you that someone is looking at it, they may not be someone who can do anything about it, but they will notice a spike in unsubs like that.

j.smooth4

Feb 24, 2017
    Laurel, MD
    They will go the way of sports authority soon...

I can wait till this fall around black Friday when they announce the stores who won't be around in 2019 lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom