• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Sec. 17 (c) Any Bill presented to the Governor within six days (Sundays excepted), prior to adjournment of any session of the General Assembly, or after such adjournment, shall become law without the Governor's signature unless it is vetoed by the Governor within 30 days after its presentment.

The way I read it.

Bill is presented any time between 6 days prior to close and adjournment is valid.

"within" seems to be the word that allows it to become law without the governors signature while the GA is adjourned.

The fact that they don't actually mark the "presentment" gives them the fudge factor out to 50 days. Pfffft... That pesky Constitution...

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Exactly.
    If I were him, I wouldn't sign it.

If everything works out well for him, he'll hang his hat on HIS legislation being passed.

If it goes **** up and the murder rate doubles, he can claim the signed legislation wasn't HIS ORIGINAL legislation (technically true) which was much harsher.

Teflon Leprechaun wins either way.

Broke to many arms .. he will need them in the potus run. No signing ... no support in the primary.. the whisper campaign will kill him ...

but maybe he is that arrogant we can hope..

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Maryland laws typically take effect October 1 of the year they were passed. I can't find the original idea behind this right now - may be something to do with Maryland's Constitution.

It is very obvious to everyone here that O'Malley wanted _something_ to show off in terms of gun control to the DNC. We Marylander's are being held hostage to O'Malley's presidental aspirations.

I thought some laws go into effect July 1st?

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    I thought some laws go into effect July 1st?

The $$$ laws usually go into effect July 1 to be coincident with the MD fiscal year. Like the gas tax, HB 1515

Clip:

(1) THE MOTOR FUEL TAX RATES SPECIFIED IN SUBSECTION (A)(2), (3), AND (5) OF THIS SECTION SHALL BE INCREASED ON JULY 1, 2013, AND JULY 1 OF EACH SUBSEQUENT YEAR IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS SUBSECTION.

And the Rain Tax:

(B) ON OR BEFORE JULY 1, 2013, A COUNTY OR MUNICIPALITY SHALL ADOPT AND IMPLEMENT LOCAL LAWS OR ORDINANCES NECESSARY TO ESTABLISH A WATERSHED PROTECTION AND RESTORATION PROGRAM.

Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    I was just looking at the MD 30 round mag laws. The "you can have it here, just cant buy it here law"

The people writing these laws are so stupid its painful. :sad20:

Just think of how much trouble it will be to drive accross the state line every time you use one up and need a new one.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    People are worrying too much about the laws behind when a bill gets signed. MOM is going to sign this thing and it is going to become law come October 1st. No way a guy would push that hard for something just to have it die on his desk.

Right now we just need to start dumping money into Pro 2A groups that will help in the legal fight against this and other states like it.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    The $$$ laws usually go into effect July 1 to be coincident with the MD fiscal year. Like the gas tax, HB 1515

Clip:

(1) THE MOTOR FUEL TAX RATES SPECIFIED IN SUBSECTION (A)(2), (3), AND (5) OF THIS SECTION SHALL BE INCREASED ON JULY 1, 2013, AND JULY 1 OF EACH SUBSEQUENT YEAR IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS SUBSECTION.

And the Rain Tax:

(B) ON OR BEFORE JULY 1, 2013, A COUNTY OR MUNICIPALITY SHALL ADOPT AND IMPLEMENT LOCAL LAWS OR ORDINANCES NECESSARY TO ESTABLISH A WATERSHED PROTECTION AND RESTORATION PROGRAM.

OK, Got it. I do not know what I would do if MD did not get their money as soon as possible.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Just think of how much trouble it will be to drive accross the state line every time you use one up and need a new one.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xm4xJktTAc">YouTube Link</a>

Can you believe it? Someone needs to take her pencil away and tell her to step slowly away from any gun legislation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom