I didn't even get to use my C&R! Who cares!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J-Dog

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    My wife (my awesome, AWESOME wife) brought me home a little early birthday present last night.

Pictured:
    Yugo M59/66, matching numbers and barely a mark on it.
    Wife feet.
    Bonus Dog feet. (He likes the smell of cosmoline apparently)

My C&R goes unused still, but I don't mind one bit. :D

Attachments

• 920447_10151346799092443_298222099_o.jpg
      920447_10151346799092443_298222099_o.jpg
      84.5 KB · Views: 437

SC0UT

Mar 9, 2012
    Nice rifle! Where did she find it? How can I get my wife to buy me rifles? :thumbsup:

You start by giving her a jewelry allowance each month. Then to be fair she has to give you a gun/motorcycle/tool allowance to match. Oh and bringing her breakfast in bed every day does help.

Oh and I got it from the nice guys at South Carroll Sporting Goods

-Mrs. J-Dog

J-Dog

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    Dog and wife's feet in same pic!
    2 point bonus!

Nice rifle too!

Thanks!

Happy B'day! :)

Thank you! It's still a couple weeks away, but I'll take it. :)

My first thought was "why is he wearing heels?" lol

:lol: You've not been the only one to ask that. Haha!

Nice rifle! Where did she find it? How can I get my wife to buy me rifles? :thumbsup:

She got it from South Carrol Sporting Goods. I don't know how to "get" a woman to buy you guns though. I think I just got lucky and found one that likes doing that. :) But I think the fact that I make her waffles every morning might have something to do with it. (She snuck that part into the wedding vows, so I'm contractually obligated to basically bring her breakfast in bed every day.)

Sounds like you got a keeper!
    And nice gun too. LOL

Thanks.
    Indeed. The good lord chose not to bless me with charm, good looks, or a fully functional brain, but he did give me a smokin hot wife that likes dogs, video games, motorcycles and guns. So I think I made out ok. :)

gaskg

Jan 5, 2010
    Forest Hill
    You start by giving her a jewelry allowance each month. Then to be fair she has to give you a gun/motorcycle/tool allowance to match. Oh and bringing her breakfast in bed every day does help.

-Mrs. J-Dog

Thanks for the tip!

J-Dog

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012

-Mrs. J-Dog

Just admit it, you like buying me pretty things because it keeps me barefoot and in the kitchen. ;)

J-Dog

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    If rifle was purchased by wife as cash and carry from the FFL then there is no need to enter it in his bound book as his C&R wasn't utilized (as he stated in his first post).

Just to be 100% clear on something...

Is it that any C&R firearm that comes into my posession has to be put in the book?

Or is it that only C&R firearms that I used my license to purchase (ie. gave the dealer/seller a copy of my license, or license number, etc.) has to go into the book?

For instance, wife (not a C&R holder) bought this, cash and carry, and brought it home to give to me (C&R holder and not-prohibited person) as a present. Since my C&R was never actually used, does it have to go into the book because it's a C&R item that's in my posession?

I thought it didn't since there was no exchanging of C&R license info, and it would be the same as a regular FTF sale/gifting of a non-regulated firearm between her and I, but after looking around at the C&R FAQ thread, I'm not 100% sure.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I don't have my C&R yet (hopefully soon) but I'm pretty sure you have to log this rifle in your book. You also have to log any sales of C&R guns that you owned prior to your getting a C&R (although you don't have to log them as acquisions in your book, just log their sale in your book). If I'm not right I'll be happy to be corrected. Don't want to screw up my log book!

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    you have to log ANY C&R firearm you receive, no matter if you used the license or not.

your wife bought it cash and carry and if it were her rifle there is no issue, but clearly she gifted it to you, you received it, its C&R, it goes in the book.

i suppose legally, you'd be logging her info as the seller, since you got it from her.

J-Dog

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    you have to log ANY C&R firearm you receive, no matter if you used the license or not.

your wife bought it cash and carry and if it were her rifle there is no issue, but clearly she gifted it to you, you received it, its C&R, it goes in the book.

i suppose legally, you'd be logging her info as the seller, since you got it from her.

That makes sense. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom