I almost felt like a free Citizen, today...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IGOR455

Oct 12, 2011
    glen burnout
    as a retired aa cty police i never promised to protect all the residents, that would be absurd.given the counties size about 420 sq miles and about 650 police and the daily population

FWPhoto

Jun 3, 2013
    Waldorf, MD
    I know I shouldn't wish this on Baltimore City, but there's a part of me that would like to see the murder rate go up by a factor of 10 after 281 goes into affect.

Just to show what a complete waste of time Gun Control (AKA: People Control) really is.

P.S. Photo, My Texas tried to have me for lunch yesterday. My thumb had bloody horseshoe marks top and bottom. He's such a Bastard.

You're not alone as far as wanting B'more to see the true results of gun control. Whenever I post something on 1MMAGC about what's going on in B',more, I always say how's she's earning her name 'Lil Chicago' and that all this violence will surely go away after 10/1/13, right? Most of the LIV don't realize that we already have strict laws. Laws only work when they're enforced and unless they truly address the criminal actions when using a gun, it will only get worse. It doesn't change anything, though. They're still scared of a big black scary gun that CAN'T jump up and bite them...unlike your Texas lol! Mine is working into a shed so she's rather sullen at the moment. Personally, I like my guns like I like my men....big black and scary! Sorry...that's the ghost of my pop-pop coming out...the crudest and coolest man I ever knew. He used to always say, he liked his coffee like he liked his women...hot-n-black. He'd be demonized today....he's better off in the grave.

FWPhoto

Jun 3, 2013
    Waldorf, MD
    as a retired aa cty police i never promised to protect all the residents, that would be absurd.given the counties size about 420 sq miles and about 650 police and the daily population

And the SCOTUS agrees with you and has several times now. The citizens are foolish if they believe you have a duty to protect them. The SCOTUS believes you're job is to catch criminals and solve crimes. That doesn't stop the LIV from thinking they don't have the duty to protect themselves.

This is actually a pretty old reference. There may be more cases by now.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1976377/posts

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    I know I shouldn't wish this on Baltimore City, but there's a part of me that would like to see the murder rate go up by a factor of 10 after 281 goes into affect.

Just to show what a complete waste of time Gun Control (AKA: People Control) really is.

P.S. Photo, My Texas tried to have me for lunch yesterday. My thumb had bloody horseshoe marks top and bottom. He's such a Bastard.

Baltimore, PG, Montgomery and Annapolis by 1000x so this could turn back into a decent place to live again. Maybe we would even be worthy of rejoining America or something.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I think Tasers have been legal here n Carroll all along.

I've always thought Tasers were more suited to police use than civilian self defense. Tasers strike me as slightly Rube Goldberg-ish. The device fires two tiny darts connected by wires back to the device. My understanding is that both darts must embed in skin for the Taser to have any effect. It's not unusual for at least one of the two darts to embed, rendering the device merely annoying to the bad guy.

Assuming you get solid hits with your one and only shot, you are now tied to your assailant by those wires. As long as you can keep the juice flowing, yes, he will twitch and scream in a gratifying manner, but you can't turn off the electricity. As soon as you do, or the power runs out, the bad guy can rip out the wires and resume his attack.

Police use them to restrain people and take them into custody. Police hopefully have back up on the scene, and in any case have more lethal options readily available.

It's not my role to take anyone into custody. I just want to get out of Dodge. Rather than a Rube Goldberg single shot Taser, I carry a pathetic little two-shot Kimber Pepper Blaster. My notion, if attacked, is to give them both barrels and get the hell out of there. I don't want to be attached to the guy by wires.

I've always thought Tasers were most suitable for the mission of police work, while pepper sprays were better options for non-sworn civilians.

mranaya

Task Force Sunny, 2009
    Jun 19, 2011
    Hanover MD
    "Do you really think having a pop tart that's been nibbled into the shape of a gun will be confused for a real gun?", I asked.

"Fool," he replied, "Don't you read the news?"

I woke up in a cold sweat.

:lol: Too bad our legislators refuse to see absurdity in their baseless decisions.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Here is what I picked up...

665702.jpg

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    haha I was wondering what that was. I couldn't make out if it was just a taclight or something. I enjoyed meeting your wife, she's a very nice woman. Your dog is cool too. I don't think I'd be able to walk around a bunch of strangers with stoney yet. He gets to being a dick when he's around people he doesn't know yet.

Now for the day when we can reclaim our 2a right to bear arms in md like we can in most other states. Stun guns are a good step of progress towards that end.

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD

That would be a very bad thing. If you look at the progression of gun laws, they are for the most part in response to violent behavior. The gun control groups will not recognize their laws don't work, they will only determine more is needed. BECAUSE....

It's not about gun control, it's about people control, and there are always people who think they should be your masters.

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    ... and didn't even have to leave the state to do it!!

Wife and I decided to make the rounds today, and pick up some things we needed at BassPro and PetSmart (and a couple other mini-stops).

I did so with an ECD (Electronic Control Device--aka 'Stun Gun') on my hip.

Honestly, it was a good feeling, knowing that we have that little bit in our favor, despite Curran & Co.

Oh, yeah... and carried a sidearm the rest of the day doing yardwork at home.

I'll take what I can get.

:D

:thumbsup::party29:

3/2ACR Vet

Jul 6, 2012
    Baltimore City
    I think Tasers have been legal here n Carroll all along.

I've always thought Tasers were more suited to police use than civilian self defense. Tasers strike me as slightly Rube Goldberg-ish. The device fires two tiny darts connected by wires back to the device. My understanding is that both darts must embed in skin for the Taser to have any effect. It's not unusual for at least one of the two darts to embed, rendering the device merely annoying to the bad guy.

If both darts do not touch skin, you are correct, it doesn't work EXCEPT if one of the darts hits the ground, then it does ground out, and does work.

Assuming you get solid hits with your one and only shot, you are now tied to your assailant by those wires. As long as you can keep the juice flowing, yes, he will twitch and scream in a gratifying manner, but you can't turn off the electricity. As soon as you do, or the power runs out, the bad guy can rip out the wires and resume his attack.

It sounds like you've never been tased before. I have been, several times. I can assure you that, unless the bad guy is heavily medicated (like PCP), he will be in no condition to "rip out the wires and resume his attack". I was still shaky and weak for almost 15 minutes after being tased each time. It's not like OC spray, which gets more bearable each time you get hit with it. It's not even all that painful. There is pain, especially if you get a "ground out" (I don't know why it hurts more, but they tested that by pulling a wire and dropping it, then juicing me) but mostly it feels like an intense full body itch, and your arms and legs stop working for a while.

Police use them to restrain people and take them into custody. Police hopefully have back up on the scene, and in any case have more lethal options readily available.

It's not my role to take anyone into custody. I just want to get out of Dodge. Rather than a Rube Goldberg single shot Taser, I carry a pathetic little two-shot Kimber Pepper Blaster. My notion, if attacked, is to give them both barrels and get the hell out of there. I don't want to be attached to the guy by wires.

I've always thought Tasers were most suitable for the mission of police work, while pepper sprays were better options for non-sworn civilians.

I wouldn't bet anything on OC spray, especially if you're dealing with someone that's been hit with it a lot, or other riot agents. OC spray is pretty much ineffective against someone that is "used" to the effects. We got gassed and sprayed several times a year in the units I served with in the Army, and all OC spray does to me now is make my nose run, and my eyes itch. Hardly debilitating at all.

Oh, one last comment about the Taser. the pistol style ones the cops use are cartridge operated. You can get a new charge and wires as easily as swapping a magazine in a pistol

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom