I almost felt like a free Citizen, today...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    ... and didn't even have to leave the state to do it!!

Wife and I decided to make the rounds today, and pick up some things we needed at BassPro and PetSmart (and a couple other mini-stops).

I did so with an ECD (Electronic Control Device--aka 'Stun Gun') on my hip.

Honestly, it was a good feeling, knowing that we have that little bit in our favor, despite Curran & Co.

Oh, yeah... and carried a sidearm the rest of the day doing yardwork at home.

I'll take what I can get.

:D

tball

Ultimate Member
    May 20, 2010
    St. Augustine, Florida
    I'm glad some people in this state can do that. In Howard County, we are not allowed to have a stun gun. We choose to be victims, ooops I mean we choose civility.

Citizens of Howard County must be unarmed and unable to protect themselves when confronted by a criminal. Thank you Howard County legislators.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    :thumbsup:

Maybe now you will be able to make the bad guy (who disobeys the law by carrying a gun illegally) piss his pants and develop a nervous tick as he guns you down.

Sorry...couldn't resist. I agree that something is better than nothing.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013

Wife and I decided to make the rounds today, and pick up some things we needed at BassPro and PetSmart (and a couple other mini-stops).

Honestly, it was a good feeling, knowing that we have that little bit in our favor, despite Curran & Co.

I had a dream (nightmare) last night, that I was walking down a street somewhere in Maryland, nibbling on a pop tart, and was accosted by a thug with his hand ominously in his windbreaker pocket. He demanded that I give him my pop tart.

I asked him wtf? You want my pop tart, not my wallet?

"Yes," he said. "Your pop tart is more valuable than your wallet. I can nibble a pop tart into the shape of a gun, then commit robberies much more effectively and without the cost and hassle of having a straw purchaser get fingerprinted to buy me a real gun -- and I'll have all the same benefits of having a real gun."

"Do you really think having a pop tart that's been nibbled into the shape of a gun will be confused for a real gun?", I asked.

"Fool," he replied, "Don't you read the news?"

I woke up in a cold sweat.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Stun Guns? How electrifying. I'm wired just thinking about it.

I like Maryland, but if Pop-Tarts make it onto the Banned List, I'm outta here.

FWPhoto

Jun 3, 2013
    Waldorf, MD
    Stun Guns? How electrifying. I'm wired just thinking about it.

I like Maryland, but if Pop-Tarts make it onto the Banned List, I'm outta here.

Ha...you crack me up! BTW...I actually know the mom of that boy...the pop-tart boy. Speaking of the civil utopia, B'more is all up in arms over the mess their laws created. I just saw a story where the religious folk were doing a 'prayer bus tour' of the city. The Mayor is worried this violence will shed a bad light over the city. Shed a bad light? I think we're well past that and have been for a while now. If citizens weren't forced to be outgunned by criminals, maybe the criminals would fear us for a change.

Anyhoo, I didn't realize stun guns were regulated/outlawed anywhere in MD. I thought that's what the civil utopians preferred we use...anything but bullets. To be fair, I've never handled one so I know little to nothing about them.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I know I shouldn't wish this on Baltimore City, but there's a part of me that would like to see the murder rate go up by a factor of 10 after 281 goes into affect.

Just to show what a complete waste of time Gun Control (AKA: People Control) really is.

P.S. Photo, My Texas tried to have me for lunch yesterday. My thumb had bloody horseshoe marks top and bottom. He's such a Bastard.

Anotherpyr

Ultimate Member
    I'm glad some people in this state can do that. In Howard County, we are not allowed to have a stun gun. We choose to be victims, ooops I mean we choose civility.

Citizens of Howard County must be unarmed and unable to protect themselves when confronted by a criminal. Thank you Howard County legislators.

Because we choose insanity. Civility is just a cover for it.

bilbravo

Apr 30, 2013
    Baltimore (District 46)
    I had been contemplating getting my wife a taser or stun gun to carry in her purse instead of pepper spray. I'm glad I looked -- can't own or carry one in the city.

I don't understand this place.

Feb 28, 2013
    I had been contemplating getting my wife a taser or stun gun to carry in her purse instead of pepper spray. I'm glad I looked -- can't own or carry one in the city.

I don't understand this place.

Because when confronted by a criminal your duty is to make their job easier. After all most of them came from broken homes, 1 parent households, etc...

Sounds like you need sensitivity and PC traing mister.

Remember, it's all spelled out in the 2nd suggestion in the Bill of Privileges. :sad20:

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code

Good for you!:thumbsup:OC is a fun thing too:D

IGOR455

Oct 12, 2011
    glen burnout
    stun guns

must have been out of the loop for a while, did the stun gun bill get signed in aa county. i thought it had a training component

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    Watch yourself and where you are. Many of the counties/cities have outlawed them and depending on jurisdiction are considered concealed weapons. Remember that here in Maryland the police will protect you from all harm, that's what they told us. Chris

PS: They are doing a great job in Baltimore City these days, aren't they.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Ladies and gents,

Several of us made this happen.

Back in May 2013 about 10 folks gave testimony in support of AACO Bill 18-13 (Electronic Control Devices - i.e. Tasers), and that bill passed; it is effect yesterday Jun 29, 2013. This is a significant win for the right of self-defense and now allows citizens of AACO the legal right to (again) be able to own and possess (open or concealed) any electronic control device (i.e. Taser or stun gun). There were no restrictions placed on where or how to carry, and the only 'training' requirement was that the seller must give you a pamphlet explaining the use and dangers of using the taser. Yes, the person must be at least 18 and can't be a disqualified person (not exactly sure how that works, but the bill sponsor said it was the same process as buying a firearm (NICS check?)), and there is a registration of sorts (that the seller or company keep on file; so they can trace the micro-dot evidence if it is used for foul-play I presume).

Congratulations and thanks to all the folks that helped in this fight.

Now, every County Council member that voted for this bill, or verbally acknowledged the right of a citizen to self-defense is that much closer to expanding other rights.

See the thread and play-by-play here:

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=116597

----------------------------------------
    Those of you that live in the few counties where they are still illegal, particularly Harford and Howard counties - you need to step up and do the same.

In my research I found laws or restrictions on tasers in only three counties Howard, Baltimore and AACO, and only two cities: Annapolis and Baltimore. The focus of crime should be on the actions of criminals, not tools that an honest citizen might choose to carry for self protection.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Ladies and gents,

Several of us made this happen.

Back in May 2013 about 10 folks gave testimony in support of AACO Bill 18-13 (Electronic Control Devices - i.e. Tasers), and that bill passed; it is effect yesterday Jun 29, 2013. This is a significant win for the right of self-defense and now allows citizens of AACO the legal right to (again) be able to own and possess (open or concealed) any electronic control device (i.e. Taser or stun gun). There were no restrictions placed on where or how to carry, and the only 'training' requirement was that the seller must give you a pamphlet explaining the use and dangers of using the taser. Yes, the person must be at least 18 and can't be a disqualified person (not exactly sure how that works, but the bill sponsor said it was the same process as buying a firearm (NICS check?)), and there is a registration of sorts (that the seller or company keep on file; so they can trace the micro-dot evidence if it is used for foul-play I presume).

Congratulations and thanks to all the folks that helped in this fight.

Now, every County Council member that voted for this bill, or verbally acknowledged the right of a citizen to self-defense is that much closer to expanding other rights.

See the thread and play-by-play here:

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=116597

----------------------------------------
    Those of you that live in the few counties where they are still illegal, particularly Harford and Howard counties - you need to step up and do the same.

Great summary.

With the bolded text above, it's interesting since mail-order/internet (or even gun shows) is the most likely way for folks to get their devices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom