• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bilbravo

Apr 30, 2013
    Baltimore (District 46)
    Anyone know much about this? I was going to go up there, but I still wasn't sure about parking in the forest. I've been up a few times and have looked around but not the arboretum area. Mainly have driven the dirt road and walked around a bit. Parking alongside the dirt road seems like the only option -- I don't want to leave my car up in the office lot for fear of being towed.

Every time I call the park office I get a machine -- and get no returned calls when I leave a message.

Any help is appreciated.

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/forests/pdfs/maps/ArboretumHuntingSmall.pdf

I got a deer when I was hunting in WV with my father, so I'm debating even going up here. Seems like the only real option in MD is to get some private land if you want to hunt firearms. Most places I look at are bow-only. Anyone have an open lease spot for next year? :o

Kevp

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2008
    There are other places to rifle hunt. Greenridge State Park and some on the Eastern Shore.

bilbravo

Apr 30, 2013
    Baltimore (District 46)
    There are other places to rifle hunt. Greenridge State Park and some on the Eastern Shore.

Doesn't have to be rifle, I'm fine with a shotgun. Most of the places I was finding within an hour or so of me (I live in the city) required a reservation and I missed out on Crownseville.

I actually saw a lot of hunters off the side of 68 on my way back from WV last week -- looked like they were looking for one they had shot. About 10 guys. At any rate, I guess that was Greenridge State Park... it was just east of Cumberland. A bit far for me to drive, but I guess I gotta do what I gotta do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom