• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Henceforth, hunt alone. :thumbsup:

Exactly! I enjoy being alone as it is, and it's even more fun being alone for 2-3 hours seeing if a deer wants to be venison. It's very relaxing, and fun to watch even the squirrels and little birds. My best time hunting was an afternoon in late muzzle loader when it was a light snow storm, and I got to see a red fox going back and forth trying to catch the song birds on my corn pile. I never even saw a deer that day.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Bring it in. Bring it out.

Other than used TP, that's my deal. Selfish, stupid shitheads exist all over. Just because they're in the woods doesn't make them good folks.

I sure as hell wouldn't hunt or hike with folks who are not like minded. Life's too short.

Derwood

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2011
    DC area
    On a related note: what's up with all the old, rusted out cars and tires up in the woods EVERYWHERE? You can't go anywhere in this country and not stumble upon one of these old cars from the 50s with bullet holes in the rusted frame. And you can't be near any waterway and not find an old tire.

And yes, literring drives me mad too. The best thing to do is to pick up and carry out any trash you find, even if it is not yours, and if you witness anyone litering, call them out on it if you're comfortable. It doesn't take much more than a small comment to make a person feel guilty and self-conscious about doing it next time.

I've called in a license plate to the DNR after watching a group of guys leave their Gatorade bottles and cigarette butts in the parking lot of a WMA before. I didn't feel comfortable confronting the four of them since I was alone. I don't know if they were ever issued a ticket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom