• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jdea2057

Jan 1, 2011
    Sharptown
    Sorry if this is the wrong forum. I am a very proud father and husband! I enrolled my family in hunter safety in wicomico county which we completed yesterday. Well my wife who has never shot a gun in her life passed and shot a gun on field day! My three children girl 12, girl 10, boy 10 all passed the first time around! My goal was to have my family familiarized the safety aspects of firearms b/c I have a handgun and a rifle in my home. Seems all three kids are now interested in learning how to hunt both with bow and rifle! :party29:

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Sorry if this is the wrong forum. I am a very proud father and husband! I enrolled my family in hunter safety in wicomico county which we completed yesterday. Well my wife who has never shot a gun in her life passed and shot a gun on field day! My three children girl 12, girl 10, boy 10 all passed the first time around! My goal was to have my family familiarized the safety aspects of firearms b/c I have a handgun and a rifle in my home. Seems all three kids are now interested in learning how to hunt both with bow and rifle! :party29:

Congratulations!

Taking the mystique away from firearms is the first step in removing a child's curiosity over what Dad has in that closet. Your goal was exceeded because there's new hunting enthusiasts in the family, and I bet mom's pretty pleased with herself to boot.

Chief, Hunter Education/Firearm Safety Instructor
    Berwyn Rod & Gun Club

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    Great job and you should definitely take them hunting. There is something very special about eating a meal that you harvested with your own hands. Besides, where else can you get free range, organic, and chemical free protein?

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Great job and you should definitely take them hunting. There is something very special about eating a meal that you harvested with your own hands. Besides, where else can you get free range, organic, and chemical free protein?

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

plus hunting in my opinion would keep urban youth out of trouble...seems that most teenagers that hunt are far more mature than those that dont...and usually are in less trouble! Congrats and welcome to an expensive habit;)

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Excellent decision. I did the same thing when my nephew and my wife took an interest in guns and gun ownership. Regardless if one or both chose to hunt or not, the classes are invaluable life lessons that they will appreciate forever. The more training the better the end result will be. Cudos to your efforts.

jehu

May 23, 2005
    :thumbsup::thumbsup:

plus hunting in my opinion would keep urban youth out of trouble...seems that most teenagers that hunt are far more mature than those that dont...and usually are in less trouble! Congrats and welcome to an expensive habit;)

I was born in Worcester Co. in the early 50's and was shooting waterfowl with my father by age 7. In those days in this area gun safety was taught by fathers and hunting was 2nd nature, most boys down here could have taught the class at 12yrs.old. There is a great impact on youth who partcipate in a sport where there is absolutly no room for mistake or error which could result in grave injury or death. All parents should teach their children gun safety if they hunt or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom