• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I wonder how this will impact PE. Archery, fencing, and wrestling have been a part of the middle school curriculum for a long time now.
    The target is to emasculate our kids so they will become obedient to the state only. There are a lot of frogs in their pot.

Last edited:

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    The threat is to cut off Federal money, so that's their connection. The problem is many schools have become addicted to outside funds instead of their own state and local tax base paying full freight.

Oh I understand what they’re doing. Of course if the Feds weren’t involved with it at all they wouldn’t be able to exert this pressure on the states. (At least not on the schools)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I wonder how this will impact PE. Archery, fencing, and wrestling have been a part of the middle school curriculum for a long time now.

It will definitely affect it. How many games/activities in PE don’t my exist now because they’re frowned upon, or because there’s winners and losers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The problem is the funding. School should be funding and controlled at the local level by the parents of kids attending the schools.

Sounds good . Until the voters find out how much their taxes will go up to replace the Federal $ .

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I didn't, and wouldn't, trust the public school system to teach my kid how to hunt, shoot, camp, fish, etc. I did the parent thing and taught my daughter that myself.

So, to me, this is a nothing burger. The public school system is a (usually sub-par) replacement for parenting.

I hope the GOP makes a stink and then gives ground on this as a leverage tool to get something that is actually needed.....like the abolishing of the AFT.
    For lots of kids, school might be the only way they have any exposure to it.

The Marxists know very well, and we should, too: "Give me your children, and I control the future."

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    This is pretty serious. (and eff'd up)

Nonetheless, when I saw the title I figured big Joe stepped in to shutdown some drug rehab little Hunter was taking.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Sounds good . Until the voters find out how much their taxes will go up to replace the Federal $ .
    Or we change the definition of public schools. Encourage more homeschooling, particularly in groups. Do we really need huge facilities with all that staff? Maybe we could reduce teacher staff by 1/2 if they just had to advise or help out with classes occasionally. Privatize youth athletics. Focus on STEM. Not everyone is destined for college.

My point is make the parents primarily responsible for education of their kids and not the State.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom