• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I let mine expire and tried to renew online, but there was no option to do so. I submitted a new application for one. Any idea if they'll charge me $20 or $50?
    Since it is a new HQL, you will need to provide the training (unless you are training exempt) finger prints, and the $50.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Does anyone know how the renewal works if you are now exempt from the $20 fee but you weren't when you originally applied? I refuse to give the state more money than is required.

When I applied for my HQL 10 years ago, I didn't have a carry permit and had to jump through hoops to get my HQL. Now I have my carry permit, so I should be exempt from the $20 fee.
    There is no exemption for a renewal, just the initial HQL.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    There is no exemption for a renewal, just the initial HQL.
    So if I let it expire then apply for a shiny new HQL, it’s an “initial” HQL? I’m not trying to split hairs, but out of principle I refuse to give the state more money than I absolutely have to.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    So if I let it expire then apply for a shiny new HQL, it’s an “initial” HQL? I’m not trying to split hairs, but out of principle I refuse to give the state more money than I absolutely have to.
    Yes, if you let it expire, just the W&C permit, they treat it as a new permit.

Magerko

Nov 24, 2022
    Baltimore County
    Not sure how this will all play out or effect HQL's going forward, but thanks to MSI, the 4th circuit court in Maryland just struck down Maryland's Permit to Purchase as unconstitutional.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom