Applied: 1/12/16
    Fee/Application and DHMH: 1/13/16
    Active: 2/10/16

I wish they would send the card with Amazon Now. I'm so excited!:):party29:

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Got my fingerprints (live scan) and submitted today (1-12-2016) - let's see how long it takes.

My application went active today! Looked early in the day and most items were complete, but three said "incomplete". Then later in the day - it went active. So as others have said - it seems to go all at once. Just about a month including the snow days we had. I was told originally it was running about 3 weeks.

Tihsho

Secret Asian Man
    Aug 23, 2011
    Frederick & HoCo, MD
    Got a call from MSP on the dot at 9. Seems that their system is blanking out some of the required questions which in turn is requiring them to reach out to the applicants. Generally I let calls go through that are not numbers I know/have saved in my phone. Luckily I decided to pick up on this one. Applied 1/16 and have been activated on 2/12. So I should be receiving my official card soon.

Question for anyone who has done this and is waiting on a card. Has any FFL accepted a screenshot of your active info? Was considering starting paperwork this weekend on something that I'm surprised hasn't gone, but didn't know if showing the FFL the HQL active status with the HQL license number was enough to start paperwork.

gunformation

Feb 1, 2016
    Out of State Tranfer - 4473

When purchasing a handgun out of state, at what point is the 4473 done? Is it at the purchase location at the time of purchase, or is it done after the FFL in your home state receives it?

pitbull

Jan 23, 2013
    Ffl after you have hql. Then you start the 7 day wait. Even after you've already waited a month to get your hql.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    My application went active today! Looked early in the day and most items were complete, but three said "incomplete". Then later in the day - it went active. So as others have said - it seems to go all at once. Just about a month including the snow days we had. I was told originally it was running about 3 weeks.

Received my HQL today! Application was made on Jan 12th - so a little over a month with snow days and government holidays.

gunformation

Feb 1, 2016
    Applied: 1/12/16
    Fee/Application and DHMH: 1/13/16
    Active: 2/10/16
    Card in hand: 2/16/16
    Now I have to wait through ANOTHER 7 day wait to actually pick up my gun. They should make a 7 day exception if it is immediately after you get your HQL.
    I saw the news about more gun laws that they are trying to pass. 2013 all over again.

tony7815

Feb 11, 2016
    Applied 2/3/16 28 days from then means approval by 3/2/16 I thought the application process was unnecessarily vague not user friendly. Probably by design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom