• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woodsy

Dec 22, 2012
    What is going on?

I am having a difficult time filling out this online form for the HQL. I have my electronic fingerprinting done, I have filled out the form. Attached 3 files from my Photo ID, Certificate of my fingerprinting with the tracking numbers and YBB# on it and I have disclosed my Handgun Qualification course certificate. The site tells me I have to check all the boxes on the right of the screen to complete the process to move on to pay fee page. The Prerequisite page is blank, there is nothing on that page other than this email address and remains unchecked. I can not complete this process with out it so I ask, Why is it blank, What am I missing?

JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD
    Did you put the various numbers (fingerprint tracking number, instructor number) in the various fields? IIRC, you don't have to upload images of any of that stuff, just plug in the numbers.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    MSP pulls your picture from the MVA database. you don't need to upload anything, except for your DD214 if you are claiming the military training exemption. the other info fields are populated with numbers.

Fusky

Jul 29, 2015
    Germantown
    I am having a difficult time filling out this online form for the HQL. I have my electronic fingerprinting done, I have filled out the form. Attached 3 files from my Photo ID, Certificate of my fingerprinting with the tracking numbers and YBB# on it and I have disclosed my Handgun Qualification course certificate. The site tells me I have to check all the boxes on the right of the screen to complete the process to move on to pay fee page. The Prerequisite page is blank, there is nothing on that page other than this email address and remains unchecked. I can not complete this process with out it so I ask, Why is it blank, What am I missing?

Use IE with Compatibility View Settings.

Login to the site via IE -> Tools -> Compatibility View Settings -> Click Add. Close IE, reopen and try again.

Signo

Jul 10, 2011
    Cecil County
    I checked yesterday and my livescan was unchecked. I just looked a few minutes ago and it is now incomplete. Does anyone know what this means? Is there a problem with the prints or are they in the process of reviewing them?

Application\License Fee Completed Jul/31/15
    MVA Photo Completed Aug/03/15
    LiveScan Incomplete
    Training Completed Aug/03/15
    NICS Completed Aug/03/15
    METERS Completed Aug/03/15
    CJIS Completed Aug/03/15
    MAFSS Completed Aug/03/15
    JIS Completed Aug/03/15
    DJS Not Applicable Aug/03/15
    DHMH Unchecked

Woodsy

Dec 22, 2012
    If anybody has any issues on the MSP website here is an email I received from them helping me fill out my information and complete the process. I hope this helps someone.

<
    Please use the following instructions to correct the compatability issues between your system and our system. After you correct this your prerequisite and pay fees buttons should be activated.

The system is based in Internet Explorer. If this is not the browser you are using, please switch to Internet Explorer. If you are using Internet Explorer 11 or newer it may be a compatibility problem. Before logging in on the Log-on page for the site, move cursor to the Control Bar Tabs at the top of the page and right click. Choose “Menu Bar” to expose “Tools” above log-in page. Select “Tools”, then select "Compatibility View". This will allow Internet Explorer to work with the site. If any further assistance is required, please do not hesitate to re-contact this office.

Also with regards to the Attach Documents that section will never check off so don't worry about that as long as all other items are checked off you will be ok. With a standard application there is actually nothing required for you to attach so you can ignore this tab entirely.

If you would like to speak with someone, please call 410-653-4577.

Oct 24, 2011
    A lot of action early on my application and then nothing for a week now. I still can't believe that after all of this, I have to wait for them to mail a license and then wait an additional seven days while I get background checked again. I wish there was some rhyme or reason to the order. It's more frustrating when I see people with NICS & METERS results that submitted after me.

Completed - 07/27/2015
    Application\License Fee

Completed - 07/28/2015
    DHMH

Completed - 07/29/2015
    MVA Photo
    LiveScan
    Training
    CJIS
    MAFSS
    JIS

Incomplete
    NICS
    METERS

Signo

Jul 10, 2011
    Cecil County
    I checked yesterday and my livescan was unchecked. I just looked a few minutes ago and it is now incomplete. Does anyone know what this means? Is there a problem with the prints or are they in the process of reviewing them?

Application\License Fee Completed Jul/31/15
    MVA Photo Completed Aug/03/15
    LiveScan Incomplete
    Training Completed Aug/03/15
    NICS Completed Aug/03/15
    METERS Completed Aug/03/15
    CJIS Completed Aug/03/15
    MAFSS Completed Aug/03/15
    JIS Completed Aug/03/15
    DJS Not Applicable Aug/03/15
    DHMH Unchecked

I jumped the gun on this and got over excited.

I went pending today!!!!! I don't have a common name maybe there is some truth to it helping speed things up.

Got printed Friday at 3pm, submitted Friday night around 11pm. Pending Wednesday afternoon.

Edit: I want active on Wednesday not pending thanks Xshot for pointing out my mistake. I am active and have a license number.

Last edited:

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    I jumped the gun on this and got over excited.

I went pending today!!!!! I don't have a common name maybe there is some truth to it helping speed things up.

Got printed Friday at 3pm, submitted Friday night around 11pm. Pending Wednesday afternoon.

I was pending for 3 weeks.

Active is the word you're looking for. Not pending.

Oct 24, 2011
    Submitted on 7/27 (22 days ago) and still pending. NICS & METERS are incomplete. I submitted an email to the MSP HQ address on the site inquiring about the incomplete status as their site defines incomplete as "pending additional information, you will be contacted". I also offered to provide any additional information required and received this response
    At this time I can only advise that we are still working on completing your background investigation. If there is any clarification that is needed, someone will be in touch with you. Thank you for your patience.
    This may be a canned response, but I feel a little better knowing that MSP knows I exist and have a pending application. Worst case scenario now is I hear back from them in 8 days.

neoprodigy

Aug 10, 2015
    here is mine

Application\License Fee Completed Aug/10/15
    MVA Photo Completed Aug/12/15
    LiveScan Completed Aug/12/15
    NICS Incomplete
    CJIS Completed Aug/12/15
    MAFSS Completed Aug/12/15
    METERS Completed Aug/12/15
    JIS Completed Aug/12/15
    DJS Not Applicable Aug/12/15
    DHMH Completed Aug/11/15

neoprodigy

Aug 10, 2015
    mine too active on the 20th

Application\License Fee Completed Aug/10/15
    Certification Date: 8/20/2015

total 10 days and 8 business day

seem like they are doing it by the batches?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom