• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    What kind of revolver? You'll get pooched on a trade-in. Better off selling here in classifieds or on consignment. Our IP Tyler only charges 10% consignment fee.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Since it's the only MD registered pistol I own, I'm not going to list it until I get the actual HQL.

it's my first gun, but I dont' ever use it, and it's way to big to carry, so time to move on.

MdPrep

Tactically Tactless
    Sep 24, 2014
    I applied 2/23/15. So far the only thing that has been checked is the DHMH. Everything else is unchecked. Why do you only have 72 hours to submit fingerprints but they have forever to check them?

I submitted 4-days after the fingerprints were done, so I don't necessarily believe that window is set in stone.

Cdcrews01

Jun 8, 2013
    My HQL has been active on the site for about a week now and still no card. What kind of wait times has everyone had recently?

KWB0724

Feb 27, 2015
    Eldersburg, MD
    I got a phone call yesterday from the MSP with a small issue on my application, which we fixed. My HQL then went active a few minutes later. When I was talking to the guy, I asked how much longer the clearance would take. He said they had, by law, up to 30 days to process the application after receiving it. What this also means, I think, is that by law, they have to process the application within 30 days of receiving it.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Submitted on Feb 12th and active today, March 5th. Not too bad considering my name.

Jim Smith

Cdcrews01

Jun 8, 2013
    Got my HQL in the mail today.

Applied 2/11/15
    DHMH Completed 2/12/15
    CJIS Letter 2/17/15
    Active 2/27/15
    Received 3/6/15

Last edited:

quattroginger

Feb 22, 2013
    Question for you all. I took hunter safety course to get my hunting license which says is acceptable for training. However when filling out HQL app online it never asks for it just date and number of finger print scan. Do I need to attach a copy of my card they gave me after completion of class where it allows attached documents? What documents need to be attached? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD
    Question for you all. I took hunter safety course to get my hunting license which says is acceptable for training. However when filling out HQL app online it never asks for it just date and number of finger print scan. Do I need to attach a copy of my card they gave me after completion of class where it allows attached documents? What documents need to be attached? Thanks

Not sure myself, but this thread might help:
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=152111

MdPrep

Tactically Tactless
    Sep 24, 2014

I would upload a copy if there is room to do so. The danger of not uploading it may delay or return the application.

Better safe then sorry. I did my DD214 for exemption and had to upload this to validate the exemption. Figure the same is true for hunters safety course too, just different document.

quattroginger

Feb 22, 2013
    It aloud me to attach a copy of my drivers license however every time I try doing my course certificate in .pdf or .jpg it fails and says site has encountered a error. I wrote them for help with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom