• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    I decided to finally bend over and get this over with, what we law abiding gun owners have to put up with here in the "free state" of Maryland. :sad20: I am in the same boat as many of you.

Application\License Fee Completed 2/19/15
    MVA Photo Unchecked
    LiveScan Unchecked
    Training Unchecked
    NICS Unchecked
    METERS Unchecked
    CJIS Unchecked
    MAFSS Unchecked
    JIS Unchecked
    DJS Unchecked
    DHMH Completed 2/20/15

I am of the understanding that there is a "holiday back log" per the MSP. So I guess till now I will just have to wait. I already purchased the the pistol I wanted via gun broker and sent to my FFL. They will hold it until I get the HQL and can fill out the paper work. I hope it doens't take 30 days but we'll see.

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    Applied 2/9, active today (2/24)

I've never been so happy to be granted the "privilege" of owning a handgun:mad54:

once the anger subsides...enjoy shopping for whatever you want. It helps ease the pain for sure.

Awthoma

Feb 25, 2015
    Been lurking the forums for a while now but wanted to post my experience so far with the licensing process.

Applied 2/5/15

Active 2/25/15

Training exempt using the online only Texas hunter safety course. Not a single peep from MSP during the process.

MdPrep

Tactically Tactless
    Sep 24, 2014
    **UPDATE**

CJIS letter came in. Of course Mrs. MdPrep was going to throw it away. Dated 2/11/15, which was the date I did my fingerprints up to Glen Burnie.

Nothing has changed on the MSP site. I figure around Easter just like Engineer stated would be about right. What kills me is that the criminals aren't using HQL to procure firearms....what exactly was the entire purpose of the law then?

For the record I am not disgruntled nor am I a national security threat, however this stuff does not pass the common sense meter for keeping Maryland safe by restricting folks like us.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Finger printed and Applied 1/30/2015
    CJIS letter dated 1/30 received 2/2
    All items on check list except CJIS showed Complete 2/4
    Active 2/18/2015
    Card 2/24/2015

For the record I am not disgruntled nor am I a national security threat, however this stuff does not pass the common sense meter for keeping Maryland safe by restricting folks like us.
    As are many laws intended to control behavior

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    Well, I got my CJIS letter yesterday (dated 2/20, the day I did my prints). No change in status of anything online, just more "hurry up and wait"...

bldgengineer

Apr 5, 2013
    Kent Island
    Exactly 7 days after I received my CJIS letter and no change for exactly 7 days.

Application\License Fee Completed Feb/18/15
    MVA Photo Completed Feb/20/15
    LiveScan Completed Feb/20/15
    Training Completed Feb/20/15
    NICS Completed Feb/20/15
    METERS Incomplete
    CJIS Incomplete
    MAFSS Completed Feb/20/15
    JIS Incomplete
    DJS Not Applicable Feb/20/15
    DHMH Completed Feb/19/15

It's only been 8 days (I applied very late on the 18th) so I won't complain too much. After 15 days and I start calling every hour on the hour from 8am - 6:59pm and leave no voicemails like Citibank

Cdcrews01

Jun 8, 2013
    Been lurking on here for a while...

Applied 2/11/15
    DHMH Completed 2/12/15
    CJIS Letter 2/17/15
    No other progress until today when it was Approved, 2/27/15

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    I applied on 2/19 and no change on mine either. I got the DHMH completed on 2/20 and the letter from CJIS and then nothing. I have been sitting in the same spot for over a week now.

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    Just wondering if anyone has sent an email to the address on the bottom of the HQL checklist page, MSP.HQL@maryland.gov, and received a response?
    I did and they said they have a "holiday backlog". Someone else told me over the busy time, Christmas, they shut down to "improve" the system. As you can see it really worked (sarcasim). It worked if their aim was to make the wait time longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom