• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I don't blame MSP for all of this fiasco. The a$$clowns in Annapolis are responsible for this. I'm sure the MSP's budget was not increased to cover the costs of this and all the other 281 related crap.. Cut rate govt. gets you cut rate service IMO.

pretty damn sad

bsavoy

Dec 15, 2014
    Freeland, MD
    Are you able to access your checklist thru the HQL login page, and if so are any of the items marked as "completed"..??

Yeah, I can access the checklist. The same 6 items have been completed since the day after I submitted my application on 12/09. LiveScan, CJIS, NICS and JIS are still pending, but I'm sure all of these should have been completed by now...This sucks.

First, I missed a Christmas present I should have had, and now it looks like I'm not going to have my New Years fireworks. :innocent0

spitfire481

Mar 31, 2012
    Glen Burnie Md
    I shot the licensing division a quick email to make sure I wasn't stuck in the same spot as you. Within half hour I got a response saying my application was awaiting the secondary review.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I don't blame MSP for all of this fiasco. The a$$clowns in Annapolis are responsible for this. I'm sure the MSP's budget was not increased to cover the costs of this and all the other 281 related crap.. Cut rate govt. gets you cut rate service IMO.

pretty damn sad

MSP got an extra $4 million for SB281 upgrades

MrNiceGuy

Dec 9, 2013
    Still they are doing what the GA tells them to do. I know they don't do a great job but it starts in the GA.

Keep in mind that they aren't just doing what the GA tells them. They're also doing what the AG and MOM tell them. They've got a lot of masters pushing them in ridiculous, nonsensical, sometimes contradictory directions. They can't simply tell them all to go away for being stupid; they're required by law to do as told and the law doesn't provide an out for "this is stupid and doesn't make any sense."

I was a lot more inclined to put more blame on the MSP before I started hearing about what goes on and what they have to deal with. Heck, Jack McCauley was brought in to testify before the GA and then ordered by MOM's minions to not answer direct, simple questions. You can't blame Jack for that; you have to blame MOM. Ultimately, it should serve as a reminder that when the voters choose morons, the best-intentioned public servants can only do so much to serve the public. I'll judge the MSP by its actions when better leadership comes to power. I just checked my watch, and that's in a few weeks.

Code:

Mar 3, 2013
    I submitted my application this morning. I went the DD214 route.

If you already have a regulated firearm, shouldn't they know that?

This HQL seems nothing more than a way to generate revenue and to pester honest people.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    If you already have a regulated firearm, shouldn't they know that?
    Not necessarily. Just because you own a regulated firearm doesn't mean you purchased it in MD.

The law doesn't stipulate where you bought it, only that it is regulated firearm in MD. You could even own a now banned regulated long gun and that would seem to satisfy the law.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Still, it wouldn't matter. If you own a firearm that is "regulated" in MD, you have met the requirements of the law. It doesn't stipulate it must have been purchased in MD.It isn't limited to handguns or firearms bought inside MD.

But the law also says if you come from outside the state and intend to establish residency, within 90 days your "regulated" firearm must be registered with MSP.

One step forward, two back.

BleedinPurple

Feb 2, 2012
    well after reading some of the recent posts, it looks like MDSP has been taking their time getting these out in a timely fashion.

Is there a time limit for these to be delivered?

I submitted the paperwork and fees were paid on the 22nd of December (per MDSP checklist) and then the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene check was completed on the 23rd. Every other field is still showing that they are completely unchecked.

Is this something i should email someone about or just give it another week or so to see if something is changed? I know it was a holiday and kind of a crappy time of year, but i was really hopeing to take deliver of my new firearm before i leave for vacation beginning of february.

Really sucks becuase i have my nice shiny new Walther P99c AS just sitting at my FFL feeling very lonely.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    By law, MSP has 30 days to issue the license.

The generator and power outage last Friday may have slowed down a slow to begin with process.

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    well after reading some of the recent posts, it looks like MDSP has been taking their time getting these out in a timely fashion.

Is there a time limit for these to be delivered?

I submitted the paperwork and fees were paid on the 22nd of December (per MDSP checklist) and then the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene check was completed on the 23rd. Every other field is still showing that they are completely unchecked.
    Is this something i should email someone about or just give it another week or so to see if something is changed? I know it was a holiday and kind of a crappy time of year, but i was really hopeing to take deliver of my new firearm before i leave for vacation beginning of february.

Really sucks becuase i have my nice shiny new Walther P99c AS just sitting at my FFL feeling very lonely.

Sit back and relax, watch some football or your favorite movies and shows, then ring in the new year, and sometime in January your checklist will probably be completed.

My checklist looks exactly the same as yours, and my app was paid and submitted on Dec. 16th.

I'm not making any purchases until I've got the HQL card in my hand.

BradyWarrior

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 13, 2014
    Maryland
    The wife and I are both still pending after 16 days. We each have two "incomplete" status listings but in different criteria. I'm incomplete on NICS and MVA photo and she is incomplete in two other areas. After following this thread for months it seems like the HQL checklist status reporting is arbitrary and I wouldn't bother trying to forecast a completion timeline based on it.

Dec 21, 2014
    Re: Glock 17 or P226

The G17 is a great gun, but I am not fan of the g4 guns. Don't like the stipple pattern, and the backstrap business is just wasted on me. But some like it, a lot.

Great first gun. Good size, minimal recoil, goes bang every time (limp wristing not allowed, grip it solidly). Fewer levers and doo-dads to remember anout if need to use it defensively.

And the 226 is a great gun too. Hravier so "less" recoil. Fatter grip too, if you have big mitts. Single action option with a decocker, again, if you like that.

Also good first gun, especially if little/no firearm experience.

For me, for first gun, I'd take the Glock. Handle a gen 3 first though. If you don't like or need the g4 features, save a few bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom