• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • morechaching

Apr 7, 2013
    Went active on 1/6, low 300's for a number. Start of number string is year (2014)' then hyphen, then a six digit number.

wizzer368

Zombie Slayer
    Aug 9, 2010
    Eastern shore of MD
    I submitted my stuff on 1-4 everything is checked except my CJIS is showing incomplete? Anyone else have this? I have zero criminal history so I'm not sure what's up

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    I submitted my stuff on 1-4 everything is checked except my CJIS is showing incomplete? Anyone else have this? I have zero criminal history so I'm not sure what's up
    Mine said that to. Then was approved a few days later. I wouldn't worry.

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    Where is the easiest/fastest/cheapest place to get the fingerprints done?

Scarab

Just check the fingerprinting places close to your area on the mdsp site. A good portion of them will have a website/call where you can look up prices or if appointments are necessary. Also, what forms of payments the accepted.

For example, the closest one to me, required an appointment and cost like $76 15 mins away from my work, Worth a Shot, cost me $54.50 and done in about 10mins.

Scarab

Apr 5, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    Just check the fingerprinting places close to your area on the mdsp site. A good portion of them will have a website/call where you can look up prices or if appointments are necessary. Also, what forms of payments the accepted.

For example, the closest one to me, required an appointment and cost like $76 15 mins away from my work, Worth a Shot, cost me $54.50 and done in about 10mins.

This is the first step in getting the HQL done, right? You need that LiveScan number before you submit your app?

Scarab

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    This is the first step in getting the HQL done, right? You need that LiveScan number before you submit your app?

Scarab

Yes you will need the PCN number from when you get your prints taken. BUT, you can start your application beforehand online. That way when you have your prints done, all you have to do enter on your HQL is the PCN and payment method. the mdsp only take visa or mastercard on the hql application.

lilpenny

Jan 26, 2013
    Ellicott City
    HQL went Active today 1/8/14. App went in on 12/27/13. NICS,CJIS, and JIS were incomplete for 10 days. I was starting to worry. Just putting it out there incase somebody else has the same delay.

Objee

Oct 3, 2013
    The AG and MSP say you don't need the HQL to pick up pre-10/1 purchases.

I don't think that's correct.

The AG's office said "Yes, you DO need a HQL to pick up a pre 10/1 purchase after 10/1 deadline. Read the opinion here: http://www.associatedgunclubs.org/legislative/temporary/AG.pdf

But MSP says "they won't enforce it" which is not the same as saying it's legal. Read their release here: https://www.mdsp.org/Home/tabid/40/ctl/Detail/mid/1226/xmid/21998/xmfid/4/Default.aspx

This thread has a pretty good discussion of the issue. http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=133097&highlight=attorney+general

akrobatik

Feb 20, 2012
    New to the HQL process. Quick question, does the HQL eliminate the 7 day wait for a handgun purchase now? Or can you pick up the handgun the same day now?

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    New to the HQL process. Quick question, does the HQL eliminate the 7 day wait for a handgun purchase now? Or can you pick up the handgun the same day now?

No, still need to wait.

Fingerprints done and app submitted: 1/6/14
    Everything but DHMH checked: 1/7/14
    Active: 1/8/14

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    two days? curse you, mine took two weeks:lol2:

haha sorry, technically only one day too. Even though I got my prints done and submitted on the 6th it was past business hours. Same thing when I got my Utah CFP, took less than a month to arrive, including weekends. :thumbsup:

I still have have to wait for the HQL card though.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    yeah, well thats what I get for doing it during the holidays, not to mention a flub by the finger printer :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom