• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • circadia

Jan 19, 2013
    Arbutus
    *&%#@!!!

I applied for mine first. (Around 8:00 AM on the 1st.) Then I submitted Mrs. Safetech's about 10-15 minutes later.

Her number is two LOWER than mine!!!
    :mad54:

Ha! Same thing happened to me. Mr circadia submitted his application about 15 minutes after me but his number is one lower than mine. And he totally rubbed it in. :rolleyes:

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Any insight on why LiveScan results are not instantaneous once they start reviewing these applications? I did my fingerprinting yesterday afternoon in Frederick (multi-use law enforcement facility near the airport), and did the online HQL application yesterday evening. It seems that all of my checks were completed today (see attached), except for LiveScan which is reading incomplete. I know that I double checked the LiveScan form number after entering to ensure that it was correct, so am puzzled why an electronic record would be the last item approved. I noticed that this happened to a couple posters upthread, but wasn't clear as to why. Do they run the prints past databases and wait for results?

Attachments

• HQL grab.jpg
      HQL grab.jpg
      40 KB · Views: 427

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    With mine, all the checks were completed the same day I applied, but the LiveScan and MVA were not.

My HQL became active the next day.

Fingerprints 10/7. Applied 10/10 (morning). Active 10/11.

airsporter

Apr 28, 2011
    Western MD
    Don't want to be "out-of-order" here, but without reading +260 posts, has anyone actually received a hardcopy license or email cert. within the 14 business days required by law?

andrewb

Jun 20, 2013
    Don't want to be "out-of-order" here, but without reading +260 posts, has anyone actually received a hardcopy license or email cert. within the 14 business days required by law?

The requirement is 30 days. I applied on Oct 3. Had my license # either Oct 9 or 10 and received my card on Oct 19. I have also had a purchase using the HQL not disapproved already.

-A

airsporter

Apr 28, 2011
    Western MD
    The requirement is 30 days. I applied on Oct 3. Had my license # either Oct 9 or 10 and received my card on Oct 19. I have also had a purchase using the HQL not disapproved already.

-A

From MSP's site:

"•Active - License, Registration or Certification approved; If a physical identification card is to be mailed, it will be sent to the address entered on your application within 14 business days. Otherwise, certificates will be emailed to the registered email address."

andrewb

Jun 20, 2013
    From MSP's site:

"•Active - License, Registration or Certification approved; If a physical identification card is to be mailed, it will be sent to the address entered on your application within 14 business days. Otherwise, certificates will be emailed to the registered email address."

OK. That is their policy to mail following approval. The law is 30 days from application. But yes, I received mine within 14 days of the application being approved.

-A

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    Mine's been stuck CJIS and JIS as Incomplete for 2 days now.
    Everything else is Completed or Not Applicable (DJS).

I got the letter in the mail from CJIS saying I had no criminal history.

Maybe it's the fingerprint check that's taking time?

bullett67

Aug 17, 2013
    eastern shore md
    Mine's been stuck CJIS and JIS as Incomplete for 2 days now.
    Everything else is Completed or Not Applicable (DJS).

I got the letter in the mail from CJIS saying I had no criminal history.

Maybe it's the fingerprint check that's taking time?

I got the same letter in the mail today. Everything is complete on my app but its been pending for 3 days now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom